The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 11, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN360, SNW, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

10 hours ago, IBatch said:

Last game was a big improvement.   TO is a very good team.   We kept them to a few shots the first, and overall the ice tilted more towards their net.  

Did you notice last game they essentially abandoned the long stretch pass to forwards standing still on the blue line and instead carried it in to the zone with support?  Night and day difference.  When the team plays this way they get a lot more O zone time and keep their opponent on their heels. When they play their typical chip and chase they're essentially just handing the puck back to their opponent after fighting so hard to gain possession in the first place.  This is a front end loaded team. We win when we spend most of the game on offense. If I were Green I'd be focusing on the break out and gaining entry WITH POSSESSION over anything else. When we do this successfully we're a hard team to beat. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Did you notice last game they essentially abandoned the long stretch pass to forwards standing still on the blue line and instead carried it in to the zone with support?  Night and day difference.  When the team plays this way they get a lot more O zone time and keep their opponent on their heels. When they play their typical chip and chase they're essentially just handing the puck back to their opponent after fighting so hard to gain possession in the first place.  This is a front end loaded team. We win when we spend most of the game on offense. If I were Green I'd be focusing on the break out and gaining entry WITH POSSESSION over anything else. When we do this successfully we're a hard team to beat. 

They were pressuring the puck in the D zone, was the only real change to their game.

They still gave away the puck a bunch coming up ice, but the puck pressure is why we had the puck so much for 2 periods.

The team needs to continue this pressure, rather than sitting back, because not only has the entire league figured out how to not just beat but eviscerate this crap system, I'll bloody well turn off my TV again when they do it.

4 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I can not stand listening to Sat Shah.  This guy wanted the Nucks to be a team of fairy princesses and let Tanev, Stetch, Marky go and now hes back-tracking.

This is the guy who was posting about the Canucks revolting against management last week.

Best to not mention him, but at least you didn't share his links.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

I've got an odd obsession with looking at lisence plates and seeing where people are from. I dont recognize the one on that white car. 

Utah?  I think they got a sky on their license plates?  

Edit...  it's close but not the same. spacer.png

34 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It's a warning, Green and co. wont be able to use the tired and lack of practice excuse anymore. If we don't sweep this series or at the very least go 3-1, the season is basically over. I feel like Aqua will clean house. 

13 minutes ago, xereau said:

This is the guy who was posting about the Canucks revolting against management last week.

Best to not mention him, but at least you didn't share his links.

But just goes to show how lousy the media in this city is, and sadly, a lot of fans eat up what they say.   Thats why, aside from Rintoul and Hirsch, i could not care less what a media guy says about this team.  Yea the teams in deep sh1t, but why pretend like you knew better when you didnt.  These guys have never played competitive sports in their lives and have no opinion that matters.  

23 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Is that a cheer or a warning?

I'd say it's more a warning than a cheer.

The owner comes out and says it's a big series and the team goes on to lose the series?

Good feeling today. One game at a time. Let's win this one.

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

It's a warning, Green and co. wont be able to use the tired and lack of practice excuse anymore. If we don't sweep this series or at the very least go 3-1, the season is basically over. I feel like Aqua will clean house. 

I would be shocked if he cleared house even if we lost 3/4 games. 

I don't think we are giving Green and Benning the credit they deserve. They have done well recently green in the playoffs and all of last season. And Jim in his drafting.

If we get blown out one or two more times maybe someones head rolls but if they are respectable games I bet we will see some room given to the guys. The assistant coaches will likely go first.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I like seeing this from ownership.  It's a message that it is up to the team and coaches and management to make a statement on the year during a 4 game homestand against our most bitter of rivals.  Especially this year when they took a couple of great players from us.

I feel exactly the same way.  The time is now.  Let's go!