The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Francesco Aquilini says "I have no plans to make changes."

Rate this topic

AriGold2.0

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Chris Higgins was a player, wonder if he will get a promotion to assistant coach at some point when we hopefully/likely relieve both of the current asses on the bench

He strikes me as someone who would do well in that coaching position actually. His demeanor would make sense in my opinion.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuckster86 said:

Chris Higgins was a player, wonder if he will get a promotion to assistant coach at some point when we hopefully/likely relieve both of the current asses on the bench

Too soon to tell but doing a good job as skills coach for now. Always a plus having someone with that work ethic in a coaching role. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Some comments were hidden and a warning issued. Any more trolling or flaming will result in more warnings or suspensions. We don’t all have to get along, but we do have to follow the forum guidelines. Cheers. 

I missed out on the fun.

• Haha 4

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Been through that phase. Still have warning points from years ago.

J-Dog as a teen in the early 2010s was a rebel.

Yeah I've had my periods when I was a lot more emotional than I am now. Don't get me wrong. I have my moments still, but I always look at myself as ever-evolving and ever-learning. I try to look at every side and come up with decisions afterwards and not just expect "good" or "bad".

I have noticed certain people change though over the years. You're actually one of those people so cheers. 

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

No just keeping it light. I try not to be too serious. I give out very few warnings to be honest. So if you get one from me you know you earned it. 

I was like that when I used to work at the Hart Ski Hill. We had a lot of kids on the hill so a lot of mischief going on. I hardly banned anyone from the hill but when I did it was legit. lol

• Cheers 2

Just now, The Lock said:

I was like that when I used to work at the Hart Ski Hill. We had a lot of kids on the hill so a lot of mischief going on. I hardly banned anyone from the hill but when I did it was legit. lol

Before I became a Longshoreman I did Security for years.  Concert/Sporting/Event Security, Bouncing at Bars/Clubs, and Loss Prevention. I let a lot go and most of the time I just leveled with the person and showed leniency whenever possible. If you got kicked out or detained by me you definitely earned it. Mostly because I’m not a fan of paperwork. ;)

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dank.sinatra said:

Twitter, Reddit, actually go to a bar and talk to people. Listen to the radio.

I would suggest Twitter out of all the social media platforms as there's more accountability in it being a personal profile instead of people hiding behind message board avatars.

Oh this is your pinnacle! Twitter, ever the bastion of sane, objective and reasonable discussion! :lol:

You keep this up you might get your own Netflix comedy special!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

The whole Gillis 'couldn't draft after the first round' because he was too busy chasing Stanley Cups, is a crock.

LA Kings and the Blackhawks were just as elite as the Canucks (2008-12)

Kings,.Pearson,Colin Miller,Toffoli,Forbort,Clifford,Nolan,Dowd,Voynov,Martinez..Many of these players would play a key part in their SC wins

Hawks,.Motte,Saad,Danault,Hayes,Nordstrom,Pirri,Hinostroza

What ever you say bud. I enjoyed that era of Canucks history. I guess some masochist enjoy the present. Always blame the last guy. However one as successful and one wasn't LOL

5 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

What ever you say bud. I enjoyed that era of Canucks history. I guess some masochist enjoy the present. Always blame the last guy. However one as successful and one wasn't LOL

I did too, especially watching the pieces brought in by Burke and Nonis.  Keeping that young core intact ended up costing Nonis his job.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

I enjoyed that era of hockey as well, but can at least realize that 'context' matters.?

Comparing the win/loss results column of both GM's does not tell the whole story.

If Gillis inherited what Benning did in 2014, how many Presidents Trophies would he have won?, how many playoff rounds would he have won?

One GM was brought in to take an underachieving elite core to the next level (which he did), the other was brought in to salvage what was left from an ageing core group, and start transitioning the old core, into a brand new one.

Edited by Honky Cat
  • Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

I enjoyed that era of hockey as well, but can at least realize that 'context' matters.?

Comparing the win/loss results column of both GM's does not tell the whole story.

If Gillis inherited what Benning did in 2014, how many Presidents Trophies would he have won?, how many playoff rounds would he have won?

One GM was brought in to take an underachieving elite core to the next level (which he did), the other was brought in to salvage what was left from an ageing core group, and start transitioning the old core, into a brand new one.

Benning started from the worst position since Quinn.  Even Burke inherited some tradable assets.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Except one has already happened and the other is still happening.

If you are seriously comparing things that way, at least give the now a chance to develop and see where it goes. Otherwise, the comparison isn't going to be accurate at all. If you are serious about being smart in all of this and not just going full on negative you'd realise that we're not done with this period of time.

4 hours ago, dank.sinatra said:

Direct result of being a crap team for almost ten years.

A monkey could have assembled a decent core with the amount of top ten picks Benning has had.

If .dank has way this guy and his assistant will be  flinging poo at faces on the draft board soon. I’m sure nothing but good times ahead!

5BC02BC5-F98B-42DA-B36E-1EFDBA79C15B.gif

• Haha 1