The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 23, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Maybe.  Personally, I see a roster that doesn't have enough options when the top of it isn't going.  The bottom 6 needs to be desperately revamped.  

As far as TG goes, I think he's a good communicator, and knows the game inside out.  He's not a panicy guy and tries to get the team to stick with process.  I don't blame him for individual errors on the ice. 

He can't turn a team that plays like an overbaked moisture sucking muffin into a cupcake.  This team needs more pace to play the aggressive, pressure based style of play TG wants and that won't happen without the right horses.

I could maybe agree with that, except we saw what this F group could do when properly motivated in the playoff bubble. 

Anyway, I think its probably academic, mostly likely thing is Aquilini lets all this play out. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Borderline Canuck said:

Hate to say it but Bo's line played pretty good with LE on it.

If you hate to say it, maybe don’t say it?

Bo Horvat with Loui Eriksson this season:

31.58 CF%, 33.33 FF%, 45.45 SF%, 0.00 GF% (2 5v5 goals surrendered and none scored), 18.29 xGF% (ugh), 21.43 SCF%, 0.00 HDCF% (4 high danger chances surrendered, none created), 0.00 HDGF%

Bo Horvat without Loui Eriksson:

51.36 CF%, 51.57 FF%, 50.74 SF%, 41.38 GF% (12 for, 17 against), 47.85 xGF%, 46.50 SCF%, 43.20 HDCF%, 31.58 HDGF%

Not exactly sparkling overall numbers for Horvat this season (although they’re pretty decent relative to the team, and given his usage), but when it comes to playing Eriksson on that line, Bo’s “without Eriksson” stats are clearly better than his “with Eriksson.”

They have not been good together.

(Not trying to pick on you. Just pointing out that the numbers for Bo’s line are just gawd awful when playing with Eriksson this season.) 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

honestly Phil I'm surprised by your reaction to this, given how many times you've hoped our team would play tougher. JP clearly was pulling some stupid crap and got schooled. I'm just fine with it, sends a message. 

Great. Roussel sucker punched a player. Sucker punching isn’t an honorable trait. Zack faced off with Forbort properly. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Great. Roussel sucker punched a player. Sucker punching isn’t an honorable trait. Zack faced off with Forbort properly. 

agreed totally, that was awesome.

I'm willing to give Roos the benefit of the doubt that JP tried something douchey on him and got whacked for it. Roussel is an annoying player, but he's not Matt Cooke. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I could maybe agree with that, except we saw what this F group could do when properly motivated in the playoff bubble. 

Anyway, I think its probably academic, mostly likely thing is Aquilini lets all this play out. 

I don't think anyone can say the team isn't trying hard-they just arnt playing well enough.  We've seen spurts of what they can do when they are feeling good and executing well, but that's probably asking too much to expect that game in and game out.  Rouss, Sutter, Virtanen, Gaudette, and Pearson have done good jobs up until this point but they don't push the needle at all.  I've liked some of JBs moves but if he wants the team to improve, he has to change the composition of the roster.  

13 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

He created a problem. Then he used that problem as an excuse in a post-game interview, as if there is nothing he can do about it. Stop being so purposefully obtuse.. 

Yeah u don't get it.  PK is important for a reason, and it needed Miller in it untill either Motte returns or they trade for someone that can take Miller's spot.  Not sure how you're not understanding that champ

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

I don't think anyone can say the team isn't trying hard-they just arnt playing well enough.  We've seen spurts of what they can do when they are feeling good and executing well, but that's probably asking too much to expect that game in and game out.  Rouss, Sutter, Virtanen, Gaudette, and Pearson have done good jobs up until this point but they don't push the needle at all.  I've liked some of JBs moves but if he wants the team to improve, he has to change the composition of the roster.  

yeah for sure its not a finished product. Lucky we do have a number of things expiring this year and maybe expansion will give us a good trade opportunity for the bottom 6. 

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

Yeah u don't get it.  PK is important for a reason, and it needed Miller in it untill either Motte returns or they trade for someone that can take Miller's spot.  Not sure how you're not understanding that champ

I'm not getting it :lol:

I'm not talking about whether the PK is more important than top 6 scoring or not. That's just you champ 

10 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

superthumb.jpg.f797a0b429304e7be35941ab721e9359.jpg

I don't know how to make it any clearer than asking (and this is your own quote), what Green is trying to say with the following point: 

"Green has stated himself now that Miller is on the PK his total mins is an issue" 

HIS F^%$ING JOB is to make sure player's minutes aren't an ISSUE. What is good for if he identifies an issue and then doesn't address it???  

38 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

PRACTICE | J.T. Miller

Did I watch something different than everyone else?  

He seems like he’s got his head on a lot straighter than I would have guessed and I like his self awareness. I don't see any shade being thrown at the coach at all.