The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | February 23, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, apollo said:

This is your outlook... you're only pointing out negatives of an obvious rebuild.... this is brutal. This is exactly why I try to stay away from this section - far too much negative nonsense

Are you actually telling me Canucks made no playoffs in 4 years during a rebuild?! I'd love to see you as a Penguins fan in 2005... you probably would have burnt down the city.

image.thumb.png.08b14540161fce9019d5be018cfed359.png

The Canucks were a winning franchise for a good decade... we were the most winning team in all of hockey for a 3 or 4 season span... You realize you need to rebuild after you are the most winning team in hockey spanning 3 or 4 seasons right

This is standard rebuild. Calm down.

No cap then and Burke was instructed by ownership to cut salaries.  Far different environment that Burke had to operate under.  

3 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

Noticed something the last 3 or 4 games, almost every turnover the Canucks make is because the defenseman gets the puck in his own end and the forwards are all at centre ice waiting for a pass...how about a little support for the guy with the puck?!

What's frustrating is the players know this too. We've heard comments like "we are at our best when we play as a 5 man unit" 

If you know this, why the hell are you breaking out early? 

26 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

No cap then and Burke was instructed by ownership to cut salaries.  Far different environment that Burke had to operate under.  

Doesn't change the fact that for 14 years we won more games then all but two franchises.   Any guess as to which two they were?  Any guess as to who's paying the piper out of those three and which team is two maybe three years behind ? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I’m a huge fan of MacEwan, it gave me a sick feeling that he was on the ice for the game winner and lost his man . I’m expecting him to sit next game and little things will come back in. Nothing worse than being a young Canuck and blowing your defensive coverage.

He was the first guy back into the D zone and took Beagle's spot and Beagle stumbled on his way to the point, which gave the Oiler Dman that extra 5 seconds to get the shot off.

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

And why is MacEwen a extra? Roussel idiotic penalty  mistake changed the momentum. Once again Green so's his love for the plugs. If they make a mistake its fine, but if a Gaudette or MacEwen make mistakes, they are benched demoted and scratched 

• Vintage 2

28 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I’m a huge fan of MacEwan, it gave me a sick feeling that he was on the ice for the game winner and lost his man . I’m expecting him to sit next game and little things will come back in. Nothing worse than being a young Canuck and blowing your defensive coverage.

Especially when the defense coach is inept and a “vet” like Roussel can make lazy mistake after lazy mistake and still get guaranteed minutes. 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Especially when the defense coach is inept and a “vet” like Roussel can make lazy mistake after lazy mistake and still get guaranteed minutes. 

Rousell should have been sent to the minor after his roughing Penalty but we all know Green loves his veterans

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1