The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

25 minutes ago, IBatch said:

.9% fatality rate in Brazil, where it's gone up 3 times recently ... that's bad for sure, these guys will get the best care in the world.    Not denegrating it, just noticed a lot of back and forth but not actual stats being used, and where these stats are coming from.   

Yep, the CRF (case rate fatality) is anywhere from around 2.6-3.4 times higher than the first variant, depending on the region.

• Cheers 1

Seems only 2 players actually developed symptoms, the rest are asymptotic and the NHL are rescheduling other games in expection of the Canucks returning to action possibly as soon as April 12th.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/bill-daly-claims-covid-stricken-canucks-can-complete-56-game-schedule-but-how-3605876

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Seems only 2 players actually developed symptoms, the rest are asymptotic and the NHL are rescheduling other games in expection of the Canucks returning to action possibly as soon as April 12th.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/bill-daly-claims-covid-stricken-canucks-can-complete-56-game-schedule-but-how-3605876

thats not what the article says, thats all the author can confirm at this point. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats not what the article says, thats all the author can confirm at this point. 

I did say “seems” and I’m pretty sure that even if it’s more, most are asymptotic and that’s good news no?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I did say “seems” and I’m pretty sure that even if it’s more, most are asymptotic and that’s good news no?

it is. But lets stick to specifics, not "seems" in the discussions. There's too much misinformation out there. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Really? Seems CDC has lost its mind.

why because someone pointed out you said something that wasn't actually in the article you posted? 

of course we all want good news but you seem to be on a bit of a crusade to minimize the situation. You made it sound like it was just two players, and you don't actually know that. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Seems only 2 players actually developed symptoms, the rest are asymptomatic 

It doesn’t say that at all.  It just says family members of two players confirmed publicly that they were symptomatic.

The rest are unknown... so 2 of 2 we have confirmation on are symptomatic.

We haven’t had any come out and say they are asymptomatic as far as I have heard.

Edited by Provost
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, Provost said:

It doesn’t say that at all.  It just says family members of two players confirmed publicly that they were symptomatic.

The rest are unknown... so 2 of 2 we have confirmation on are symptomatic.

We haven’t had any come out and say they are asymptomatic.

careful, you might get accused of losing your mind. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Your summary's a little different than the article:

According to NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly, the Canucks will be expected to complete their 56-game season, necessitating the rescheduling of the six postpone games, as well as any others that might need to be postponed.

Daly called the Canucks’ COVID numbers “concerning from a health and safety standpoint,

When they’re eligible to return partly depends on whether they were asymptomatic while isolating or developed symptoms.

So far, we know that Adam Gaudette and Brandon Sutter developed symptoms, as shared by family members. 

So far, four games have been postponed for the Canucks but it’s almost certain that more will need to be postponed. With 17 players on the NHL’s COVID protocol list, the odds of the team returning to play on Thursday, April 8, are slim to none.

In fact, the NHL has already rescheduled a game between the Edmonton Oilers and Calgary Flames for Saturday, April 10, in place of a scheduled game between the Flames and Canucks. The Canucks’ games against the Flames on April 8 and 10 now show as postponed on the online schedule despite no official announcement from the NHL

You're posting some information that I' like clarified...where does it say "the rest are asymptomatic"?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Your summary's a little different than the article:

You're posting some information that I'd clarified...where does it say "the rest are asymptomatic"?

Wow, I post a link to an article with some good new with a brief intro using the word seems, look up the definition, and you all jump over me.

If you read the article further 6 players that tested positive last Thursday or Friday have not developed symptoms. Silly me for thinking that if only two are confirmed with symptoms the rest are OK. 

2 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

April 8th is a bit Optimistic ....they are hoping to have a roster of healthy non covid players ready to go by then? .......well at least the Leafs are beating the flames.  

NHL cancelled 2 more games, target date is the 12th.

7D3FE4D6-D459-4E5F-AA55-8C5712B12CB4.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The 12th is highly optimistic. I'd say 17th at the earliest and wouldn't be surprised if its the 19th or later. 

Even the 17th is sooner than I hoped but I’m sure the NHL has a lot more info than we do and is basing their decisions on that info, we’ll see but being the optimist I’m heading to the beer store to stock up for next week.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

If habs keep losing, there is a chance nux can catch them. 

Habs just beat Oilers in OT.  Both teams got points..

We're not catching anyone for a playoff spot..

Best hope is all our players get healthy and get back to playing. Make some trades get picks back and get our kids in Utica and taxi squad some games to get them experience for next season. 

It would be great to get a top 3 draft pick and another top tier prospect in the system. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Wow, I post a link to an article with some good new with a brief intro using the word seems, look up the definition, and you all jump over me.

If you read the article further 6 players that tested positive last Thursday or Friday have not developed symptoms. Silly me for thinking that if only two are confirmed with symptoms the rest are OK. 

Stick to the facts please.  "The rest are" doesn't fit with that.

• Cheers 1