The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

I had bad flu symptoms as well.  A year later I can barely walk up a hill, my ears haven't stopped ringing in a year and most days I've got brain fog so bad I have a hard time what I did in the previous couple of days. 

OMG...that's the first I've heard of ringing ears...me too.  All of the above.  I'm convinced that I, too, had it in December 2019 when I had the most deathly ? I've ever had.  First time I'd taken off work in years.  Brain fog, wheezing at times/breathlessness/ringing ears.

Sad that we'll never know for sure.  I think it's too late to do an antibody test (and not sure of the accuracy anyhow?).

• Huggy Bear 4

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

A good read -- Bo Horvat's experience reminder of human side of Canucks' COVID-19 crisis:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/31-thoughts-sabres-juggling-multiple-scenarios-ahead-trade-deadline/

Even as a fan, I worry about the boys, all of them from our captain to the guy on the taxi squad. Almost see them as my own "sons" (even though I'm only 26 lol)

You just hope they are all okay and healing.  Hearing Brandon Sutter's account was scary.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Like 4

Man, thanks for sharing that VC.   It really hit me.

As a parent, I felt every word of that worry...I can't imagine what it's like to be away from your kids/grandkids during this.  

Those who feel that "these millionaires" can suck it up in their fancy hotels with their money often forget the human element in all of this.  These hockey players who entertain  us are human beings like the rest of us:   susceptible to illness, with family who worry and feel helpless at times and with young ones to protect.  It's not just "they'll be fine" (they likely all will be), but it's beyond that to what they're going through.  The struggle.  The sleepless nights and early morning anxiety that was so perfectly described here.  A parent will really get that part...the not being able to be there through it all.

We can't just overlook that part and expect them to carry on, business as usual like machines.

That story is a must read for all those feeling like this is overblown.  It's not about severity or recovery or number or percentages..it's about all the what if's that these players and their families have to endure.  The worry they're all experiencing and how it impacts more than just what happens on the ice.

I'm glad it got clarified, as some were questioning Bo and that video.  It should remind us not to jump to conclusions.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Hopefully brown and baumer decide health is way more important than hockey and elect to retire

ya since the ownership and JB never seem to wanna fire them, they are total garbage, but we keep em each season ...mind boggling