The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

28 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

wallstreetamigo isn't nearly as bad as some of the other posters.  At least he doesn't talk down on people, so the conversation, even if it's a back and forth argument, is less annoying.

he does imo. hes more than once used negative descriptors when referring to my posts. 

but i actually don't care about negative descriptors it's just language.

what gets me is the gaslighting,strawmans and moving the goalpost arguments. it's quite manipulative. there was  2 instances of gaslighting today and several in the past.

another thing is the way he argues, it's unfair, relentless and exhausting. when he's not lying he is often exaggerating and using all or nothing statements.

ex. Jim is bad/garbage/incompetent because all other gm's dont do what jim does. when i give him examples to prove he is providing false narrative, he  accuses of cherry picking. it's a terrible response, because he uses all or nothing statements to prove his point.

then he continously belittles every argument because in his mind a cherry pick debater.

i'm not wasting any of my time who holds a fabricated trump card over me.

if you are going to bash

5 hours ago, Dazzle said:

wallstreetamigo isn't nearly as bad as some of the other posters.  At least he doesn't talk down on people, so the conversation, even if it's a back and forth argument, is less annoying.

Just because i disagree with someone else's opinion doesnt mean I think they dont have a right to have it. 

I dont take it personally when I get insulted on a personal level. Once in awhile i will strike back at the guys who cant separate getting personal with arguing opinions but i try most of the time to just ignore the personal stuff.

The guy who put me on ignore cant seem to accept differing opinions and resorts to trying to siggest I am stupid or ignorant or a sociopath. I am glad he is ignoring me. That kind of stuff doesnt make his argument better.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, garthsbutcher said:

Gaudette will be playing in the Swiss first div league within 2 years

Just scored tonight.

2 games so far for the Black Hawks:  1 goal & 1 assist.

Looks like he's being used as a winger on the Hawks (or at least tonight).  If he's going to stick in the NHL, it'll be as a winger.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Dazzle said:

So it seems like there isn't a source, and the 'source' that you were referring to was merely speculating. I haven't heard or seen Colliton make a comment about Gaudette. I know wall said he isn't surprised or upset Gaudette has been traded, but the amount of defense that Wall is giving Gaudette is more than the defensive work of Gaudette...

I was always a solid defensive player. Hard habit to break lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I was always a solid defensive player. Hard habit to break lol

Safe to say, you'll be less of a liability than Gaudette. If he's not scoring, he's not helping your team in other ways. Even his faceoff numbers are not the greatest.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Safe to say, you'll be less of a liability than Gaudette. If he's not scoring, he's not helping your team in other ways. Even his faceoff numbers are not the greatest.

He always should have been groomed to be a winger at the NHL level. The Canucks made a huge mistake trying to shoehorn him as a 3C.

I look at our team right now the last several games and, even as much as his defensive game needs work, I cant honestly see how with EP out and no one working on LW with Miller and Boeser that Gaudette playing his off wing could not have provided more offensive chances and opportunity for that line than its gotten from Vesey, Motte, Virtanen, MacEwan, etc.

Gaudette is a fast skater and he does hustle. He does have good offensive skill and instincts. Plus when he plays with good players he helps create offensive chances.

4 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Just scored tonight.

2 games so far for the Black Hawks:  1 goal & 1 assist.

Looks like he's being used as a winger on the Hawks (or at least tonight).  If he's going to stick in the NHL, it'll be as a winger.  

Not the prettiest goal (jam play down low) but those kinds of greasy goals will probably be what he scores since he'll be a bottom-6 regular there too.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dazzle said:

So it seems like there isn't a source, and the 'source' that you were referring to was merely speculating. I haven't heard or seen Colliton make a comment about Gaudette. I know wall said he isn't surprised or upset Gaudette has been traded, but the amount of defense that Wall is giving Gaudette is more than the defensive work of Gaudette...

Jeremy Colliton on Adam Gaudette, who joined the #Blackhawks for practice today: "He's a full go, as far as I'm concerned. Just trying to get him up to speed, get him in and back in shape after quite a bit of time off."

Said this right after they acquired him. Maybe seeing him in his first game gave them hesitation in rushing him in after covid.

Or they could have completely given up on him based on one game after trading for him. 

One of those makes more sense than the other. 

P.S. - he scored a goal for them tonight so obviously they played him. 
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, garthsbutcher said:

Gaudette will be playing in the Swiss first div league within 2 years

Because....? Hes not a Canucks anymore? We were touting him as a diamond in the rough, high grade prospect we stole in the 5th round like 3-4 years ago.... Have some class LOL. 

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:
Jeremy Colliton on Adam Gaudette, who joined the #Blackhawks for practice today: "He's a full go, as far as I'm concerned. Just trying to get him up to speed, get him in and back in shape after quite a bit of time off."

Said this right after they acquired him. Maybe seeing him in his first game gave them hesitation in rushing him in after covid.

Or they could have completely given up on him based on one game after trading for him. 

One of those makes more sense than the other. 

P.S. - he scored a goal for them tonight so obviously they played him. 

I read about the goal. 15 minutes of ice time. No minuses.

We really will have to see how this trade will go.

12 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I read about the goal. 15 minutes of ice time. No minuses.

We really will have to see how this trade will go.

We will for sure.

I honestly dont think Highmore has added anything we didnt already have in Boyd, Vesey, Hawryluk, etc. He hustles but really doesnt impact the game offensively or defensively.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

We will for sure.

I honestly dont think Highmore has added anything we didnt already have in Boyd, Vesey, Hawryluk, etc. He hustles but really doesnt impact the game offensively or defensively.

If Highmore can be another Motte, it's a good trade. It seems he needs the change of scenery. Plus he's cheap. No one can really bash him for that, especially with the people complaining that the bottom 6 was too expensive.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

If Highmore can be another Motte, it's a good trade. It seems he needs the change of scenery. Plus he's cheap. No one can really bash him for that, especially with the people complaining that the bottom 6 was too expensive.

If he can that would be fine. But he hasnt shown much to suggest he can at this point.

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

If he can that would be fine. But he hasnt shown much to suggest he can at this point.

Way too early to call. Motte took some time to be who he is now. Regardless, Gaudette's story isn't much of a case for asset management. I think both players are 'gambles', but one is safer (Highmore), with lower upside.

Edited by Dazzle

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Way too early to call. Motte took some time to be who he is now. Regardless, Gaudette's story isn't much of a case for asset management. I think both players are 'gambles', but one is safer (Highmore), with lower upside.

Motte is also somewhat overrated in my opinion. Good player, hustles always, and sporadically chips in with some streaky offense. Unlike many on cdc i dont see him as a great player though. Just good at his role, not someone who should ever be in the top 6.

I amalso not a fan of trying to build a supporting cast around limited offense, safe players. Pretty much our whole bottom 6 is that now. And usually 1 spot in the top 6.

• Sad 2
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Motte is also somewhat overrated in my opinion. Good player, hustles always, and sporadically chips in with some streaky offense. Unlike many on cdc i dont see him as a great player though. Just good at his role, not someone who should ever be in the top 6.

I amalso not a fan of trying to build a supporting cast around limited offense, safe players. Pretty much our whole bottom 6 is that now. And usually 1 spot in the top 6.

How the heck is he overrated? He is not a first line player. No one should have illusions about that. He's a reliable bottom 6 player on a very cheap/reasonable contract.

Overrated is not the right word for Motte. He can only be overrated if he was praised beyond what his actual value is, but that has never been the case.

Just want to add that you're right in that you can't make a team of full of Mottes. That's for sure.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

How the heck is he overrated? He is not a first line player. No one should have illusions about that. He's a reliable bottom 6 player on a very cheap/reasonable contract.

Overrated is not the right word for Motte. He can only be overrated if he was praised beyond what his actual value is, but that has never been the case.

Just want to add that you're right in that you can't make a team of full of Mottes. That's for sure.

The way people talk about him on here its like he was a nothing player who became great. In reality he was an average bottom 6 guy who became a good one. 

I see people saying they want him in the top 6 now with Miller and Boeser. Based on what though? A couple of streaky offensive moments? Come on.

He is arguably our best bottom 6 player. I love the way he plays. I would get rid of everyone else in the bottom 6 before him. But people are so hard up for a trade win for Benning they make him out to be something he is clearly not.

And now those same people are saying Highmore is going to be the same, because that is probably the only way this trade can ever be justified.

Highmore has shown pretty much nothing so far other than he can hustle and get hit a few times every game because his head is down. I see nothing from him to suggest the trade is already a slam dunk win for Benning.

Lets be fair. In spite of his flaws, Gaudette with Miller and Boeser right now would offensively be far better than anyone they are trying there. Our bottom 6 players are terrible offensively and you still have to score to win.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Claiming that the Blackhawks won the trade because of Gaudette's goal is just as silly as claiming that the Canucks have won the trade because Gaudette sat his first few games. See what I did there?

(Directed at no one in particular, but rather at some of the premature assertions that have been thrown around in GDTs).