The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, lmm said:

would you say the same if it was JT Miller going down?

He didn’t stick his leg out, it was just out the whole time. There was no intent. More of a brain fart then anything. Timing was definitely off for Eddie from the start of the game.

I don’t think it should be a suspension but who knows 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Edler, Holtby and Roussel also looked thinner to me.

yeah, when i first saw him was wondering who it was at first lol, greeners interview voice sounds raspy

Edited by TNucks1

I'd like to see some accountability from the media now.  

Quinn Hughes just said that he was watching Twitter and wondering why people were insinuating that he needed IVs.  

I don't remember if it was Daren Dreger or Farhan Lalji that put out a bunch of tweets saying it, but that's completely bush league. 

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

He didn’t stick his leg out, it was just out the whole time. There was no intent. More of a brain fart then anything. Timing was definitely off for Eddie from the start of the game.

I don’t think it should be a suspension but who knows 

Yeah Edler was trying to skate straight off the ice there and wasn't going to be stopping.  Unfortunate hit, intent wasn't there but it should still be a one or two game suspension.  You're still in control of your body and it's not like Hyman suddenly turned or changed direction.  

I noticed that too today about Edler, his timing and the weight of his passes was way off. He really looked slow as molasses out there. 

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah Edler was trying to skate straight off the ice there and wasn't going to be stopping.  Unfortunate hit, intent wasn't there but it should still be a one or two game suspension.  You're still in control of your body and it's not like Hyman suddenly turned or changed direction.  

I noticed that too today about Edler, his timing and the weight of his passes was way off. He really looked slow as molasses out there. 

Might actually be good for him to miss game or too. He is one of the seniors on the team.

23 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

As a Canucks fan, I'd take a 2-3 game suspension and run away laughing. The hit was terrible and the league needs it out of the game. Edler is also a repeat offender (how crazy is that, he's definitely not what I would call a dirty player).... Hoping for 1 game but expecting 3. And I won't be complaining. 

Not a repeat offender according to the letter of the law, however.

Repeat Offenders

A repeat offender is one who has been suspended for a second offense within 18 months of the previous offense. Repeat offender status only applies to the way fines and salary forfeiture is calculated. All disciplinary history is considered when determining a player's suspension.

What he did in the past will have zero bearing on whatever the DOP(e)S decide.

giphy.gif

We all worried about injuries after all this. Turns out it was Hyman who should have been worried. Too bad it wasn’t Nylander instead. Don’t mind Hyman or Campbell for that matter. Every other Leaf is pretty much like puke to me though haha 

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

We all worried about injuries after all this. Turns out it was Hyman who should have been worried. Too bad it wasn’t Nylander instead. Don’t mind Hyman or Campbell for that matter. Every other Leaf is pretty much like puke to me though haha 

well it seems a team will hold a player out until a suspension is given, then once it is given or not, then that player makes a miraculous recovery, not saying this is the case with Hyman, but it does happen 

• Cheers 1

Leafs will always suck but that was a pretty good team to watch.  But I guess given the circumstances it would have been pretty piss poor to get outplayed by the Canucks given their sorry state.  

Canucks had a ton of lady luck on their side but stuck with it and happy to see them win.  

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'd like to see some accountability from the media now.  

Quinn Hughes just said that he was watching Twitter and wondering why people were insinuating that he needed IVs.  

I don't remember if it was Daren Dreger or Farhan Lalji that put out a bunch of tweets saying it, but that's completely bush league. 

I think Sekeres was pushing the IV story pretty hard as well. But Sekeres was going ham the last couple weeks making up stories about the team and Covid, so not really surprising.

42 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Toronto sports media really making a massive deal over Hyman injury and the villain Alex Edler. Honestly, Edler deserves no further disciplinary action after serving five minute major and missing half the game, but knowing it’s a Leaf who got injured, don’t be surprised to see a suspension.

They love Hyman and in a lot of ways he's the straw that stirs the drink on that team and instead of discussing how woeful the Leafs powerplay is and how they couldn't dominate a team coming off COVID AND down two 5 defenseman - 2 who were rookies they chose to focus on the Edler play. Not a fan of the hit but Edler was dog tired and lazy on the play - I don't think there was real intent from him.

• Cheers 1