The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | April 18 | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Those moody characters also are stewing and that transfers over into something very positive at times...Beast Mode.

I'll take Millers and Keslers on my team.  It's not a popularity contest, it's a war zone out there at times.

Actually 100% i would too. If Kesler didn't get injured in WCF vs NSH good chance we win the cup that year.

Loved him and love Miller as players and having them as Canucks. 

If any one has doubts they can go to Miller trade thread and see for themselves what i thought when we traded for him.. and what i predicted he would do as a Canuck.

This was when many on here were choked we gave up too much to trade for Miller.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Especially today. cheered up the mood after all this stuff going on around the team.

It's amazing....I'm listening out in the sun in my lawn chair.  There's a way to make this day awesome despite all the crap.

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Kudos to Miller - stated his case and did so in an entirely fair, level-headed manner.

The league should simply call the season for this team.  What is the point? 

This team is not positioned to compete for a postseason spot - it doesn't really serve anyone to have a bunch of makeshift games played that will impact the standings for other teams.  Those teams that don't get to play a M.A.S.H. Canucks unit are at a disadvantage - and the Canucks players themselves - are at risk - in various ways.

Just call it what it is.  Over.

Exactly. They had no problem cancelling the remaining regular season games last year for all teams, but they can't do it for one team this year in a more serious case?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Hopefully the league and the owners are several decades past the mindset that players are simply chattel and do what is best for their individual and family's health and call the season.

I don't think anyone wants to play again for a while until everyone can be healthy and in game shape.

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Uggghhh, planned on  finally drinking tomorrow night, even got some practice drinking in last night, this COVID is really messing with my beer consumption.

If you really want to drink just watch a leafs game and listen to how the "great" Austin Matthews in the like Superman, Abe Lincoln and Moses reincarnated into one ultra being.

That would be enough to do it for me. Mind you I would just change the channel first.

3 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

My deep down desire and evil wish is that Gaudette remains stealth contagious, and despite the quarantine he needs to go through in order to join Chicago's team, he gets them all sick as well, and then they get their opponents sick, leading to a major cluster&^@# chain.  That'd learn the league for not shutting things down as they should have this season (long before the bug hit the Canucks, even).

Bettman would give the Canucks a %5 million cap reduction if that happened ....... Just because.......He is BatBettman!!

• RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I hear you. But looking at the schedule it does make sense. 4/8, and last 4 in a row, vs Ottawa. We could even play those out once the playoffs begin if there was some reason to for lotto placement. 

heard somewhere the canucks just play sens/flames during schedule playoffs... makes lots of sense and most likely heading that way

• Cheers 1