The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4 games against Ott not as easy as it might look

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

Ottawa is going to get their butts kicked. 

I have been following them all season they are quit fun to watch and I would argue they have taken leaps and bounds this season and are not the same team they where in the beginning of the season. As a young team you can clearly see these guys compete every game and next season they could compete for a playoff spot. 

Sure they have looked like they have had a rough season but the truth is they haven't it is much skewed because Vancouver has dominated them but this is not true for the rest of the division. They have held their ground against the other teams and are only winless against Vancouver. Vancouver has been to Ott as Mtl was to Van. 

I expect better games from Ott in these 4 games. I am confident though that we will still win all 4 games and by the end of the season the Canucks will make the playoffs 

This is a positivity Thread only positivity is allowed in here

notice I was even positive against the competition

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I have been following them all season they are quit fun to watch and I would argue they have taken leaps and bounds this season and are not the same team they where in the beginning of the season. As a young team you can clearly see these guys compete every game and next season they could compete for a playoff spot. 

Sure they have looked like they have had a rough season but the truth is they haven't it is much skewed because Vancouver has dominated them but this is not true for the rest of the division. They have held their ground against the other teams and are only winless against Vancouver. Vancouver has been to Ott as Mtl was to Van. 

I expect better games from Ott in these 4 games. I am confident though that we will still win all 4 games and by the end of the season the Canucks will make the playoffs 

Only winless against Vancouver is not true.  Edmonton went 9-0 against them. 

Gotta take it 1 game at a time.  Don't look too far ahead.

Edited by Viper007
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

This is possibly the starting of something special.  We did well after the last break / forced hiatus.  There is a chance whatever made that has rejuvenated itself.  Our players on average are young and that tends to lead to more emotions (good and bad).   If not, hope they play well and stay healthy!  If so, I'll enjoy watching like always.  

The sens will be tougher then earlier this season.  Agreed.  They also have a lot to play for and to prove.   Really the calgary games and montreal games cary WAY more weight.  But this would be so epic.  I also beleive your predictions. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, CoquitlamDave said:

This is possibly the starting of something special.  We did well after the last break / forced hiatus.  There is a chance whatever made that has rejuvenated itself.  Our players on average are young and that tends to lead to more emotions (good and bad).   If not, hope they play well and stay healthy!  If so, I'll enjoy watching like always.  

The sens will be tougher then earlier this season.  Agreed.  They also have a lot to play for and to prove.   Really the calgary games and montreal games cary WAY more weight.  But this would be so epic.  I also beleive your predictions. 

I meant I will enjoy watching them either way.  Not only if they perform miracles.  Win or loose....

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Only winless against Vancouver is not true.  Edmonton went 9-0 against them. 

Gotta take it 1 game at a time.  Don't look too far ahead.

your right i just went back

Edm is mean not even a loser point given up

Shame on you Edm, you guys know what it is like to lose better then most

Hogberg and Murray have been among the worst goalies statistically in the league this season (Hogberg's GAA is above 4 and sv% is 0.866.  Murray's had some more "success" with his at 3.55 and 0.888, plus he's won a couple).  Hope we can get to them like we did Rittich, but we'd also need to primarily watch out for Norris, Batherson, Stutzle and Tkachuk up front.  Agreed with some others though, they took us down to the wire the past couple matchups so we need to be ready to play.

Edited by Phil_314

There was a SNet article, about 10 days back. Explained how they overturned their D..trading all the old bums: Coburn, Gud, Reilly..gonzo

Their avg age was 28.5 on the blueline. Apparently they hacked 5 yrs off that number in mere days.

So they brought in a bunch of highly touted D-prospects. These kids are slick, & can move. I'd guess their nastiness dropped several notches too? At any rate. we'll be facing inexperienced-enthusiasm, on their line.

Hopefully their 'tending becomes porous again.

I think the team has got their strength in the face of adversity mojo back. 

last season everyone wrote them off and they over performed, I think with the enforced break due to COVID there seems to be an us vs the world mentality that is galvanising then again. 

I don’t expect us to make the show, but at least the guys are going down fighting and making it worthwhile, and if they do make it then I think they deserve a lot of praise 

• Vintage 1

Live near OTT so catch some games and have to say they have a lot of players i'd love to have on our team.   They are a few years behind us on their rebuild, but sure were able to accelerate it and deserve massive props for it.  Batherson has been hot lately...their defense and goaltending is suspect though for sure.   They have a little Finland in them minus the goaltending, as their sum effort is better then their parts, and have a phycsical dimension to their game.    For sure we can beat these chumps, but it won't be easy either. 

8 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

1) Agreed that Ottawa is a much better team these days and have earned the right to be taken as a serious threat.

2) The best approach that the Canucks can take is “one game at a time” regardless of whether they are winning or losing these games.  

Appolo this thread needs you!  Positivity.   Need the moon and the flags...maybe put Pearson's head on it next just for the extra rub lol.   Who's going to be the hero against OTT?   Could be anyone really, glad the teams got days off inbetween, and glad JB got a long lineup of serviceable D's and forwards available that are close.   If he didn't we'd have no chance of catching MTL.   What a difference a solid pool with guys on a slow cook in their development makes.   Nothing like what we had when JB took over (heck the top five are better then a handful of the roster players we had during the WD years).     Yes this team has a solid chance now.   10-5 our last 15 games and 2-0 since we came back. Tale of two seasons has now become tale of three ... working for four which of course is the playoffs.   Hope TO stays on top but loses the next two against us.   As of now they've lost 4 in a row against us, and one of their wins we badly outplayed them lol.    Would eventually die a happy man with lots of fond memories of this season if we made the playoffs and got the honour to bounce TO in the first round ... can just see their fans faces already Baby Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1