The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour]. Zadorov in Chicago.. may not stick .

On 4/22/2021 at 1:10 PM, runtzguy said:

Let Seattle take Myers, trade Zadorov for Virtanen and (someone), sign Tryamkin and Edler. Defence fixed.

not really sure how downgrading on Defence makes it fixed.

EDIT: i like zadorov, wonder what there asking but, who are we exposing on D we would have to protect him but i'd rather keep myers.

Edited by TNucks1

On 4/23/2021 at 5:54 PM, TNucks1 said:

not really sure how downgrading on Defence makes it fixed.

EDIT: i like zadorov, wonder what there asking but, who are we exposing on D we would have to protect him but i'd rather keep myers.

Zadorov is better, younger, and cheaper than Myers.... it would be nuts to not make moves that would result swapping out Myers for Zadorov.

He is a legit #3D and still young enough that he could keep getting better.  He was coming off arm surgery before this season so was probably a little behind with his preparation.  Even at his worst he was a solid top 4 guy.

You can protect Schmidt, Zadorov, and either Juolevi or Myers.  If Juolevi gets picked up, then you trade one of Schmidt or Myers after expansion to teams needing to replace top 4D they lost.

Our D looks pretty solid with:

Hughes-Hamonic

Zadorov-Schmidt

Edler-Tryamkin 

Juolevi-Bowie

or:

Hughes-Hamonic

Zadorov-Tryamkin

Edler-Myers

Juolevi-Bowie

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

I would add Juolevi to that... if we added Zadorov it probably pushes Juolevi off the protection list anyways (assuming Benning isn't planning on exposing Myers).

I wouldn't add OJ.  No need.  Pretty sure Holtby would be selected in the expansion draft considering his recent resurgence of stellar goaltending.

Just now, Provost said:

I would add Juolevi to that... if we added Zadorov it probably pushes Juolevi off the protection list anyways (assuming Benning isn't planning on exposing Myers).

That starts a pretty good conversation ,

A seasoned 26 yr old Zadorov over

a rookie 24 yr old  Joulevi.

yes..   we have enough skill in Hughes and Rathbone ..  and Schmidt..

you know what would almost secure letting Joulevi go?     I think the first 3 picks in the draft are stacking as D men,  this should be our year for the draft lottery #1.  Owen powers.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BPA said:

I wouldn't add OJ.  No need.  Pretty sure Holtby would be selected in the expansion draft considering his recent resurgence of stellar goaltending.

Zadorov is an established 2nd pairing D with size who as a shut down guy is still doubling Virtanen’s offensive contribution this year.

Virtanen maxed out as a 3rd line winger on an expensive contract for his production and not even 4th like level

this year.

Those things don’t have the same value, not even remotely.  Adding Juolevi realistically doesn’t get it done compared with other offers that would be out there.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Zadorov is an established 2nd pairing D with size who as a shut down guy is still doubling Virtanen’s offensive contribution this year.

Virtanen maxed out as a 3rd line winger on an expensive contract for his production and not even 4th like level

this year.

Those things don’t have the same value, not even remotely.  Adding Juolevi realistically doesn’t get it done compared with other offers that would be out there.

Chances are, if they were to move ED eligible Zadorov, they'd want a non eligible guy back.

Are we prepared to give up Rathbone (or Woo)? I'm not so sure about that...

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Chances are, if they were to move ED eligible Zadorov, they'd want a non eligible guy back.

Are we prepared to give up Rathbone (or Woo)? I'm not so sure about that...

I agree they would likely want a non eligible guy back.  I would do Woo but not Rathbone.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

this year.

is he established though? over the last 3 seasons benn was 9 spots lower than him in toi. benn outscored him on much less offensive teams in 30 fewer games.

• Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

is he established though? over the last 3 seasons benn was 9 spots lower than him in toi. benn outscored him on much less offensive teams in 30 fewer games.

Yeah, I don't agree about Zad being a 2nd pairing guy. I certainly don't think he or Tryamkin are better than Myers.

Zad will require +3.5 cap hit.  Include that $ along with increase for Hamonic, $ for Tryamkin, $1m for Juolevi.  Add that to the +18m for Hughes, Schmidt and Myers, the team D is pricey.

On 4/26/2021 at 10:27 AM, higgyfan said:

Yeah, I don't agree about Zad being a 2nd pairing guy. I certainly don't think he or Tryamkin are better than Myers.

Zad will require +3.5 cap hit.  Include that $ along with increase for Hamonic, $ for Tryamkin, $1m for Juolevi.  Add that to the +18m for Hughes, Schmidt and Myers, the team D is pricey.

6 D-men play as much as 12 forwards, so it can make sense to have a fair amount of your cap tied into your D.  

Agreed on Zadorov...  Chicago had high hopes for him (although their entire team isn't really that great), but he's more of a 3rd pairing guy on a good team.  Not sure why everyone underestimates Myers, maybe because of his contract?  He's been our best d-man this year, IMO. 

Zadorov isn't gonna get more than 3.2 from the Hawks and I doubt Seattle would pick him. He's a good 5th D at best.

I'd trade Virtanen and his 2.55M for Zadorov if he agreed to sign a 1-2 year deal at 3.2M. Both players could use a change in scenery.

Only way I do it. 

11 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Do we want Zadorov, or should be just resign Schenn?  Watching this makes me think maybe the latter::D

Schenn is, after all, the only RHD of the two.

Why didn’t Schenn get tossed?  Totally.

at the moment he dropped the gloves .  Then he picks his gloves up for a bad puck drop..

referees couldn’t put  a match out in the pouring rain in this league.