The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 6, 6 p.m. l SNP | ROAD TO 100 EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, MikeyD said:

McDavid even surprised me he's got this amount of points and I know his capabilities. I figured after that slight lull in the middle of the season he had that there was no chance he'd get back to the 100 point pace. Guy has had a monster return to play since we killed their schedule with our covid. 

Today seemed like an off game for him too and he had 3 apples. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Well I really don’t want them picking 11th I donno about you 

Well you know that wherever we finish we will drop the maximum number of positions we can, so yeah I see us finishing 8th and picking 11th or so. Not because of EVIL BETTMAN but CANUCK LUCK (defined as a complete lack of luck).

I will never actively root for losses. That invites bad karma. But when the losses come in a season like this the draft ramifications can ease the pain significantly.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

I think that's true...Graovac saying "the guys just wanted to have fun".

I think they've been second guessing everything and they just let go of all that.   Relaxed and did what came naturally instead of being tense and tentative.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Today seemed like an off game for him too and he had 3 apples. 

He gets so many apples because he's extremely intelligent of when he's running out of options because guys double team him so often. His head is always up and when you double him he moves the puck immediately and that opens up a lotttt for his teammates and when Drai is always around his one timer is probably as accurate as Ovi's, just a slight bit not as hard. He's extremely consistent with getting it on net. 

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Big Mac taking care of Nurse 

That's why we need him in the regular line up.  We need players like him to push back.  Just like Hamonic. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Well you know that wherever we finish we will drop the maximum number of positions we can, so yeah I see us finishing 8th and picking 11th or so. Not because of EVIL BETTMAN but CANUCK LUCK (defined as a complete lack of luck).

I will never actively root for losses. That invites bad karma. But when the losses come in a season like this the draft ramifications can ease the pain significantly.

I don’t mind losses if they are scoring goals.