The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 6, 6 p.m. l SNP | ROAD TO 100 EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

11 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

My parents risked their lives to escape a country where people reported their neighbours.

As a family that had holocaust survivors, I don't think its fair to compare blowing the whistle on folks who flaunt public health rules designed to protect us all, with neighbours reporting someone to see them shot. Give me a break.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:11 PM, Dumb Nuck said:

Ha, 1 second into the Rangers game, 3 fights.

No one is really impressed with Tom Wilson and his antics

but we should give him and the Rangers props

for unleashing a whole bunch of hate all over the league

Its noceto see some Hack Whack and Smack in this game and in the NHL for a change

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Super entertaining.  Recommend watching a replay; the game had everything.

hopefully find the full game or something tomorrow, maybe replay it and i can record it.

Nurse is a bit of an arrogant SoB... big opinion of himself after having a good season and clearly over confident.

Couple years ago he pushed Bo around and then got a big surprise as Bo decided not to put up with it and manhandled him.

Since then he has been tiptoeing around Bo whenever they are in the corner.

This time round obviously thought Mac would be a pushover too... and when he wasn't... and as has been mentioned, after Mac got his hand free and was about to inflict some punishment, Nurse decided to bail and went for the cheapshot takedown.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

HAHA I guess you don't have a thought of your own at least mine are thought out and I give reason only for you to quote me by deleting what I wrote.

thought out lol?, you were just spamming that Lind was a bust after his first NHL game.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, steviewonder20 said:

As a family that had holocaust survivors, I don't think its fair to compare blowing the whistle on folks who flaunt public health rules designed to protect us all, with neighbours reporting someone to see them shot. Give me a break.

My parents escaped from Czech in ‘68 when the Russians invaded, their best friends were reported by their neighbours for planning to escape but luckily bribed the people that stopped them and got out, it’s a slippery slope though because it shows the true nature of people.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I called Hoglander liner and I stand by it. The Team has a lot of injuries and needs to fill that top 6 winger spot. If not and Hoglander is still their in years to come the team will never advance.

Hoglander has good energy but lacks the Shot of a guy like Boeser or the Playmaking ability like Patterson and isn't well enough rounded or a center like Horvat. Problem is we already have a guy like Hoglander in our top 6 his name is Pearson who has a better defensive for check game. Even then I don't like Pearson at that position as I think He and Hoglander on a Third line would give the Canucks more depth. Here's hoping Podkolzin can step into a top 6 role next year but unlike most I think it will take time for him to adapt to the North American game But I do believe he has the tools to be a top 6 even knock Boeser out of his spot.

If you disagree with me give me your reasoning, otherwise you are just another guy who disagrees with some one for the sake of disagreeing. My stance hasn't changed I believe when people Call guy a top 6 player who really isn't have jus excepted that is the best the team can do. If I am proven wrong I will admit it you can even come back to me in 2 -3 years and tell me I am wrong. I would be glad to be wrong

Hoglander is a better offensive player than Pearson. He's pretty creative and has a pretty good shot - better than I was expecting. Hoglander can definitely 'drive' offense in a secondary role, he's just young and still adjusting to the league. Still plenty of room to grow. 

Lind should start in the bottom 6 next year but clearly skates well enough, and has enough of a 200ft game to play at this level. With his hands & IQ he should be able to chip in a bit in time aswell.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Nurse is a bit of an arrogant SoB... big opinion of himself after having a good season and clearly over confident.

Couple years ago he pushed Bo around and then got a big surprise as Bo decided not to put up with it and manhandled him.

Since then he has been tiptoeing around Bo whenever they are in the corner.

This time round obviously thought Mac would be a pushover too... and when he wasn't... and as has been mentioned, after Mac got his hand free and was about to inflict some punishment, Nurse decided to bail and went for the cheapshot takedown.

well how do you feel about Hamonic going for the helmet toss?

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

That's true, people overestimate the importance of sports athletes. 

Unique situation though...  people have been dealing with a lot of mental stress in their own circumstances and losses over the last 14 months (i've worked from home for over a year while my wife has been overworked as part of our public health unit).  Everyone is simply coping with isolation through all of these lockdowns.  There's a reason why mental health is being stressed all over the place (and rightly so).  This is taxing and outlets/entertainment/distractions are necessary.

• Cheers 1

Just now, lmm said:

well how do you feel about Hamonic going for the helmet toss?

That is perfectly legitimate to knock off the opposing player's helmet so you don't have to worry about cutting your knuckles on the visor.

You can receive a game ending cut from punching a visor.... can cut the knuckles to the bone and slice off a chunk of flesh.

Used to be that players would take off their helmets when they were lining up for a fight.

• Cheers 1