The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 11, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

This team is seriously lacking a de facto 2 or 3 C to ease the pressure off Bo and Petey (when healthy). Hope we can address this at the upcoming draft

you mean presently - with both their veterans out of the lineup?

or by taking pressure off do you mean secondary scoring depth centers?

in any event, Costmar is a beauty!

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Big time.  It's painfully obvious today.  

Unless Sutter wants more then 3.5 mil/year (which he will have a hard time getting on the open market), I don't see how we can afford to not resign him. 

I wouldn't mind having Beagle if he's healthy but that's looking unlikely.  Graovac will be okay in a pinch, but Boyd and Micaelis just don't work for me. 

Absolutely do not re-sign Sutter.  C'mon.  Move on.  Aging vet always hurt.  No offense.  He is an ok defensive player who is overpaid for what he brings.  Time to find a younger option. There is an entry draft coming.  There will be players that can't be protected and that Canuck can deal for who will be a much better fit.   No to Sutter.

No no no.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Would like to see Oli slot in,I don’t see why not

There was a post in yesterday's GDT, forget who it was, but apparently OJ is on the verge of guaranteed bonuses for games played on his contract, and the team's so strapped for cash that the bonus will break the cap. Kinda disgusting the levels of mismanagement this takes, if true.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Absolutely do not re-sign Sutter.  C'mon.  Move on.  Aging vet always hurt.  No offense.  He is an ok defensive player who is overpaid for what he brings.  Time to find a younger option. There is an entry draft coming.  There will be players that can't be protected and that Canuck can deal for who will be a much better fit.   No to Sutter.

No no no.

No to edler as well

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

you mean presently - with both their veterans out of the lineup?

or by taking pressure off do you mean secondary scoring depth centers?

in any event, Costmar is a beauty!

Costmar is trending well, as well as Focht.  

Yeah I wouldn't try and fill 3C with a rookie personally.  I'd rather bring back Graovac and see what he can do if he strings together a full healthy off-season.  I think that bringing back Sutter is almost a must at this point.  

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

No no no.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  He's been one of our better bottom 6 guys this year.  I will grant you the fact that he's prone to missing half a season more often then not. 

1 minute ago, xereau said:

There was a post in yesterday's GDT, forget who it was, but apparently OJ is on the verge of guaranteed bonuses for games played on his contract, and the team's so strapped for cash that the bonus will break the cap. Kinda disgusting the levels of mismanagement this takes, if true.

Yea I certainly hope that’s not the case.

How many games have the Canucks lost because their pp is one of the worst in the league?  Ok. Quite a few.

So here is the deal.

Take your pick.  Our entire best 5 players are bottom of the league or our pp coach is bottom of the league.

Gotta change the assistant coaches this summer if we do any changes at all.

Obvious is obvious.

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

No no no.

I agree...why would anyone want Sutter back? Hard pass on Brandon Butter. Our bottom 6 needs a complete overhaul. Motte is the only player that should be guaranteed a bottom 6 spot!

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

Someone will find an excuse to cover for it.