The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NDSF: (1) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Canadiens win series 4-3

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/22/2021 at 11:00 PM

40 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I usually agree with you and I think we both value vets but Webber is not a high-end talent anymore. He is extremely slow and has become a 2nd pairing guy who has struggled a lot 5on5 the last 2 years. Aside from his shot he brings nothing, he isn't physical at all. What makes him high-end? Go on any Habs board and read what people who watch him every game have to say about him. As for Price, I admit he seems to step it up in the playoffs but he's rocking a sub 910 save% for year's now and is not an elite goalie by any metric or eye-test. Petrey had an unbelievable start to the season like most of the Habs and is a solid top 4 he isn't a #1 or #2. Everyone has a different pov but as someone who watched 40+ games at least every season for the last 3 years, I tend to agree with Hab fans on their assessment of their guys.

Petry has had a lot more than a good start to this season, though - he has 48 goals and 170 pts in the past four seasons - generally pretty high end production from a two way defenseman.

Price was .918 two years ago and a Vezina candidate (as well as All star) - and .917 career (one metric - on some good teams/seasons, some average teams, some bad)

One season at .909 before this year - a covid and injury season...

Weber - I rarely rely on any generalized representations of what any fan base or message boards is supposed to say/believe.

15 goals and 36 pts in 65 games last year...excellent all-around, all-minutes outcomes for him.  I think it takes small and injury samples to make a 'struggling' / '2nd' pairing D out of him.

I guess 'high end' is subjective enough that there's no point in debating it.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1