The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Lottery changes were for next year i thought 

I think the draws are reduced from 3 to 2 for this year and the other changes are for next year.

The 2021 NHL Draft Lottery will be reduced from three drawings to two as part of changes announced Tuesday.

The changes, approved by the NHL Board of Governors, will determine the order of the NHL Draft for the teams that do not qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Two other changes will begin with the 2022 NHL Draft Lottery:

-- Teams will be restricted from moving up more than 10 spots if it wins one of the lottery draws.

-- Teams cannot win the lottery more than twice in a five-year period. Wins in the lottery prior to 2022 will not be counted toward this total.

• Thanks 1

I wonder if we will still be in the running for Bedard lottery in 2023.

To get a generational talent like him would be amazing.

We're going to be a bottom 5 to 10 team next season. The year after next who knows. But as of now we have a ways to go. So you never know. 

27 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I think the draws are reduced from 3 to 2 for this year and the other changes are for next year.

The 2021 NHL Draft Lottery will be reduced from three drawings to two as part of changes announced Tuesday.

The changes, approved by the NHL Board of Governors, will determine the order of the NHL Draft for the teams that do not qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Two other changes will begin with the 2022 NHL Draft Lottery:

-- Teams will be restricted from moving up more than 10 spots if it wins one of the lottery draws.

-- Teams cannot win the lottery more than twice in a five-year period. Wins in the lottery prior to 2022 will not be counted toward this total.

Buffalo and NJ will still qualify, how many 1st OA does a team need to get out of the basement - don't answer cause the answer: not enough, just ask the Oilers !

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

If he doesn't get it this year, good chance he comes back next year to accomplish it.

if he comes back (whether to the canucks or in general), it'll be completely independent of his career goal totals. eddie, and swedes in general, aren't like that. very selfless people. 

2 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Yup ....these games are totally meaningless, season should have stopped when they were officially eliminated....besides giving the young prospects some game time....fracking waste of time....

I suspect it's related to issues like player bonuses and other CBA/contractual issues. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

We're going to be a bottom 5 to 10 team next season. The year after next who knows. But as of now we have a ways to go. So you never know. 

Lots of team will be tanking if he is a generational talent like McD; good chance we finish middle of the pack that year cause the Canucks will always try to compete due to the teams focus on developing a winning culture.

8 minutes ago, tas said:

if he comes back (whether to the canucks or in general), it'll be completely independent of his career goal totals. eddie, and swedes in general, aren't like that. very selfless people. 

He probably comes back for another couple years whether he scores his 100th this season or not.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, he will get that 100th goal somehow.

I don't necessarily agree. I think he would happily retire on 99 goals if retirement is the way he's leaning. the desire to score one more meaningless goal is, especially for a defensive player who probably doesn't care at all about offensive milestones, probably not a motivating factor as to whether or not he continues his career. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

I don't necessarily agree. I think he would happily retire on 99 goals if retirement is the way he's leaning. the desire to score one more meaningless goal is, especially for a defensive player who probably doesn't care at all about offensive milestones, probably not a motivating factor as to whether or not he continues his career. 

I think this is true but if any number had any special meaning to him it would be more likely to be his 1000 game.

20 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Got this weekend's lotto numbers as well?

• Thanks 1