The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Vladimir Tkachyov terminates KHL contract with SKA to pursue NHL

• KariyaSakicAnderson changed the title to [Rumour] Vladimir Tkachyov terminates KHL contract with SKA to pursue NHL

There was an article in the Russian media on May 1, 2021 that SKA was actively looking to trade Vladimir Tkachev to some other KHL team, Tkachev had contract for another year with SKA for slightly less than 1 million USD. I am happy that everything is good and both sides mutually agree to terminate that contract ;)

• Cheers 3

I think Podkolzin will be an attractive piece for him because they played on the same team in Russia, if I am not mistaken. Podkolzin will have a Russian friend to help him adjust the NHL game.

• Thanks 1

This guy has been crazy impressive in the K. He's been top 2 on his teams in scoring basically every season except 1. The last three years he's put up 24 playoff points 32 playoff games.

Plays on the same team (and line sometimes IIRC) as Canucks' prospect Podkolzin .

Look really good in one pre-season with the Oilers but didn't sign in the NHL at that point

Main concern is obviously is size at 163 pounds.

But I would be all for Benning taking a flyer on him, especially if it made Pod more comfortable in his transition.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Teemu Selänne said:

Meh stats?

He was 21st in PPG in the KHL this year, and 17th last

I would say that’s meh yes if we’re looking for a top 6 forward.

If he’s a depth guy we already have plenty of those.

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would say that’s meh yes if we’re looking for a top 6 forward.

If he’s a depth guy we already have plenty of those.

I don't think 80 points in his last 95 regular season games, along with 14 in his last 15 is anything to sneeze at. Sure he might not be a fit in the NHL due to his size but his stats are pretty good

• Cheers 2

Didn't he have a contract terminated a few years ago that he tried signing with Edmonton? Or is it the other Vladimir Tkachyov who is around the same age that had that happen to them?

If it is him, I wouldn't be shocked if Edmonton is a contender for his services... especially if Ryan Nugent Hopkins seeks a bigger contract elsewhere.

The Canucks should get a Russian or two in the lineup to go alongside Podkolzin next year. Tkachyov would be an instant upgrade over someone like Virtanen if he's willing to play a top 9 role on the Canucks with options to move up and down the lineup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

There was an article in the Russian media on May 1, 2021 that SKA was actively looking to trade Vladimir Tkachev to some other KHL team, Tkachev had contract for another year with SKA for slightly less than 1 million USD. I am happy that everything is good and both sides mutually agree to terminate that contract ;)

any chance you know his playstyle ect? or watched him.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Players that had more points than him: 

Spooner

Shirokov

Boucher

Da Costa

Granlund

For a player his size he would need to be putting up well over a point per game to make it likely that he’ll have an impact at the next level.

Gusev had 82 points in 62 games and he could barely make an impact.

Pass on undersized projects. That ship has sailed.

Exactly.  "2nd best league in the world" aside, it's still a pretty steep drop-off in talent (case in point, Linden Vey and Cam Barker were all-stars).

• Cheers 2