The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blackhawks player from 2010 championship team suing team for sexual assault by coach

Rate this topic

34 minutes ago, warrchief said:

I am curious to see what the league says about this. I am sure they wont take this lightly...

The NHL might release some meaningless statement acknowledging they are aware of Wirtz's statements, but what they'll actually do about this is exactly NOTHING.

What I'd like to hear is what Kyle Beach has to say about this - but I'm pretty sure that scumbag Wirtz has a rock-solid non-disclosure agreement hanging over Kyle for the rest of his life.

Wirtz and Jacobs essentially run the NHL and its no surprise, with Wirtz as a major influence, the league is perceived almost universally as a joke.  I've heard from people who've worked with the league that at NHL owners/BOG meetings this is exactly how Wirtz acts if he doesn't get his way on specific agenda items.  He's a child, literally has Tantrums in front of his peers and pouts until he gets his way.  

The Hawks released a statement when the lawsuit was resolved that they'd be a beacon of justice, accountability and transparency....we were all just emphatically reminded that was completely BS!

18 minutes ago, mll said:

Lol....that's not Wirtz talking,  it's the Blackhawks media relations department getting told by their legal department to release a backpeddling statement ASAP and attribute it to Wirtz.

• Cheers 4

3 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

All I can say is, like father like son. Disappointing but not surprising. 

Actually that's a little  unfair.   All the players and the management core that worked for Wirtz senior either liked or loved the man.   The fact he stuck to his principles and wouldn't let the games be televised because he believed only fans coming to the building should get the action, is a complete different subject.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

The league should force Wirtz to sell the team.

Anyone who tolerates sexual abuse should be out of the game for life.

If nothing else, he should be forced to take a step back.

Danny Wirtz (Rocky’s son and Blackhawks CEO) clearly was ready and really wanting to answer the question, before literally getting shushed by his father, and then Rocky continuing on his bizarre tirade.

It was such a shocking example of the code of silence playing out in real time.

You could almost feel how everyone else on that stage wanted to address the issue, but they all kept silent, because the guy with the most power (Rocky Wirtz) decided unilaterally that there would be no discussion of the matter.

Hard to imagine things would play out much differently in the boardroom.

Which is why Rocky needs to be removed from team operations. He can still be (silent) owner, but he should not have any role in the actual running of the team. 

So long as people like Rocky Wirtz have the power in Chicago, there’s no reason to believe that the next Kyle Beach situation will be handled differently. It’ll be the same ******* code of silence and the team only caring about covering their own *****, with no accountability, no sensitivity, no protection of the vulnerable, and no willingness to “do the right thing.”

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Typos
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

13 hours ago, mll said:

He's an arrogant idiot.  It really was a soft ball question.  He may have even got away with just saying something like his publicity lawyers wrote up for him here in his "apology" last lines.

"...We have the right leaders and right processes in place to create a safe environment for out employees and players" 

maybe followed up by..."I'll let Danny expand on the details".   Or something like that.

Would've that been so hard?  Geez.  What a dolt.

• Cheers 1

Wirtz seems to believe that they dealt with and to in the past, hence his unwillingness to want it talked about anymore.

Unfortunately for him, he doesn't seem to get that to be able to truly heal and move on, you do need to talk about these things, you don't just pay a bunch of money and the pain goes away.

I really do hope that the NHL or NHLPA can do the right thing and step in at this point. Rocky Wirtz nd the Blackhawks need to be sanctioned in some way. 

Edited by GB5
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

This is why they need to keep poking at it, sweeping things under the rug destroys lives. 

This stain on the Blackhawks will not go away, they should own it and become the leading team pushing for change if they're really serious about the lip service we've gotten over the last few months. 

At this point it would take some seriously brilliant PR to repair the damages and who the heck's going to believe it?   

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1