The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

26 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Motte is one hit away from retirement, better to protect Gadjovich

I guess. I don't really care one way or the other. We could lose both of them and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.  A lot of you guys are high on Gads, I'm trying to expand my mind but I just can't see it as a hockey person. Typically people want to shoot for the stars but in reality Motte is a proven player. Gads has done absolutely nothing except pot some goals in the AHL during a Covid year. I like him but people in successful businesses don't make hairbrained decisions like that in my humble opinion.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I guess. I don't really care one way or the other. We could lose both of them and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.  A lot of you guys are high on Gads, I'm trying to expand my mind but I just can't see it as a hockey person. Typically people want to shoot for the stars but in reality Motte is a proven player. Gads has done absolutely nothing except pot some goals in the AHL during a Covid year. I like him but people in successful businesses don't make hairbrained decisions like that in my humble opinion.

Seattle might also be detoured because of his injury history as well.  

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, NucksIn50 said:

Way too much negative focus on where we pick. Pretty confident wherever we pick it will be one of the top picks in draft even if we are outside of 10. Let’s focus on winning because I see us on an uptrend and ready to break the shackles of this rebuild/reset. If you hate the Canucks don’t bother but if you are a fan  funnel your energy into this phase with some good ole positivity and belief. :towel:

I dunno it's not whether people hate the Canucks or not it's just a different philosophy. We don't need to agree on it but we do agree on the team.

• Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I like how everyone knows who Seattle wants and doesn’t want 

I’m being called Benning for saying zero chance Myers gets exposed, yet it's a sure thing Gadjovich gets selected and becomes Alex Tuch. Laughable. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I’m being called Benning for saying zero chance Myers gets exposed, yet it's a sure thing Gadjovich gets selected and becomes Alex Tuch. Laughable. 

Yeah, the Vegas roster which was filled with miscasted or misused players has certainly proven the risk with unproven lottery ticket on the NHL level.   

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Nah its just understandable not wanting one of our own high drafted prospect to be successful somewhere else. And no way myers gets exposed wth? Lol

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

Nah its just understandable not wanting one of our own high drafted prospect to be successful somewhere else. And no way myers gets exposed wth? Lol

RHD with skill and size, show me another one on the market right now. 

• Cheers 1

I would not be surprised to see Seattle opt for a close to the nhl prospect from us based on what other teams are likely to expose.

I dont think Myers, Pearson, or Motte would be taken if exposed. Not guaranteed of course but I just dont see them as better options than what they can get elsewhere based on their contract and/or injury/inconsistency issues.

13 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I would not be surprised to see Seattle opt for a close to the nhl prospect from us based on what other teams are likely to expose.

I dont think Myers, Pearson, or Motte would be taken if exposed. Not guaranteed of course but I just dont see them as better options than what they can get elsewhere based on their contract and/or injury/inconsistency issues.

I still think Holtby is the likely loss on our team 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I dont know. There are some good younger goalies that are likely to be exposed.

I think seattle should be thinking of drafting Jesper Wallstedt if i was them and get a vet goalie like holtby. Thats what i would do. Get a franchise goalie like him to start your franchise with. 

• Cheers 1

Good to see Gadjovich in the lineup. Will be interesting to see what he brings to the table. He’s definitely been an x-factor in Utica. It’s feeling like one of those must lose games but you have to keep the morale up plus lots of players still showcasing themselves for their next contract and our HC as well. Play hard and do your best, boys! GCG!

• Cheers 2