The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Devron44 said:

Gadjovich. Essentially written off last year by most people I suspect. Arguably Utica’s best player this year, for sure best goal scorer. Makes his debut tonight. That’s pretty frickin cool!

I wont argue with you there. Im excited for him too! I hope he scores, in a LOSING effort :) 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

We best be seeing all the kids available tonight.  
No more excuses.  
Play the kids, have a fun game, and lose.   
That’s all I want. 

What if the kids play really well and we win? Should we shun them and call for them to sit the last two games?

11 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Flames fans are absolutely rooting for us... :frantic: Meanwhile canucks fans are rooting for the flames :bigblush:

The goalies should swap ends and protect the other teams net, then we’d have a good game.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

What if the kids play really well and we win? Should we shun them and call for them to sit the last two games?

Thats the bonus cause it will actually  help build that winning culture but very good chance Green will play the underperforming vets, so that he can (potentially) pad his stats for his next contract; and those same vets will let him down again - hindsight.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

6 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Gotta protect Gadjovich and Lind and expose Motte and Mac. Force Seattle to either take Motte, who'd I'd hate to see go but his injuries are becoming a big concern, or, best case scenario, Holtby.

Good call

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Thats the bonus cause it will actually  help build that winning culture but very good chance Green will play the underperforming vets, so that he can pad his stats for his next contract and those same vets will let him down again - hindsight.

He's already said that at the very least Gadjovich is in. And with the team being gassed and starting to run in to the ground I fully expect Green to not really care about matchups and just consistently roll 4 lines like he did in yesterday's game where the highest played forward only had 5 more minutes of ice time than the lowest.

6 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Gotta protect Gadjovich and Lind and expose Motte and Mac. Force Seattle to either take Motte, who'd I'd hate to see go but his injuries are becoming a big concern, or, best case scenario, Holtby.

Yeah, expose all the underperforming vets and let all the FA'S walk...

I've said this before, but there's just no way that we don't win any more games.  9th overall pick, that's what we're getting and I'm pretty happy about that.  It also means that we get entered into the 10 team lottery for the top 2 picks.  Nothing wrong with that.  We're also extremely unlikely to slip any spots.  

Ninth overall pick guys, plan ahead.