The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames | May 16, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Correct. Gadjovich was sent to Winnipeg in case there was an injury, but wasn't eligible to play as the Canucks had used up all of their recalls.

Ahhh kk. Im

glad I didn’t post my frustration. I thought he just wasn’t getting played like olli . Thanks dude 

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

At least we have something to look forward to, as Lind, Gadjovich and Lockwood will be eligible to play in this one.

I thought Utica’s season had to be finished?

Dont they have their last game today?

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I thought Utica’s season had to be finished?

Dont they have their last game today?

The Comets play at 2:05 pm, while the Canucks play at 7:30 pm. The Comets game and season will be finished by the time the Canucks play their game against the Flames.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

At least we have something to look forward to, as Lind, Gadjovich and Lockwood will be eligible to play in this one.

Lind could have also played the past games if they hadn’t demoted him back to the taxi squad after using 1 of their 4 regular recalls on him.  They had the cap space to keep him up.

They have ~1.9M in cap space per CapFriendly.  They can only recall 2 of them unless they demote someone else.  As they’ve demoted Lind rather than play him those past games, would guess that Lockwood and Gadjovich are the ones brought up.  There’s Bowey too although he was probably just acquired to be exposed in expansion.

@Devron44

haha, it would be amazing if rafferty is resigned and immediately makes a impact. i'm dreaming, but i really thought he was our most nhl ready d-man last year.

dobber has gadjovich ranked as a second line potential 40point player ( lind 52 point  potential),  but his probability is ranked low 4.5/10  vs linds 8.5/10

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/players/tyler-motte if you  check out mottes potential compared to other players that are 26 with 0.38ppg you will notice they all are 2nd line player potential with about 45 points at the top end.

too me that is saying we have a second line potential player making 1.2m a  year, probably  because of his injury proneness. 1.2m is barely a blip on a 81.5 million cap and is a fair deal for only playing 40 games a year. and honestly i  don't  even think its a bad thing to have 1 or 2 3rd/4th line injury prone players on your team. it gives a chance for all your prospects to see some play.

if i had a choice I would  have 4 mottes on my team.(4 starting and  2  filling in)  he is 14th in the league in hits/60, 4th  in  blocked shots/60, 15th in giveaway/takeaway %/60, 33rd in pk killing for players who average over 1:30 sh toi/60 and 189th in ES PP/60 (horvat is 181 miller is 171 copp 154 crosby 124 boeser 99 pettersson 31)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1