The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames | May 19, 2021 | 12:30 p.m. PT | SNP | PLAYOFF SERIES VS CALGARY EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, bree2 said:

these last few handful of games the guys have tried their hardest to help Edler get his 100th and now it is the last game  and Edler is pulled. blows the mind if he is just a healthy scratch, doesn't make sense, unless he is injured

Green is doing it to upset everyone

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

CDC:  Play the kids!!

CDC:  Edler is sitting out to play the kids, what a classless move by the Canucks!!

:lol:

Edler needs that one more game to get goal #100 cause he had 55 other games to get it and couldn't do it.  :frantic:

they want to make sure he is well rested to sign his 4 yr x 4 mil contract at locker cleanout day

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Jeff patterson is nothing but a stick in the mud

Patterson tries so hard to “prove” he is not a fan of the team. I really think that’s why he comes across as he does…the conflict of rooting for the team internally, yet trying to show how impartial he is by being a bit of a jack*ss.

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

CDC:  Play the kids!!

CDC:  Edler is sitting out to play the kids, what a classless move by the Canucks!!

:lol:

Edler needs that one more game to get goal #100 cause he had 55 other games to get it and couldn't do it.  :frantic:

Exactly. I'm glad that some younger defenseman is getting the last game in. Time for the future to take hold. 

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

People need to stop with the “classless move” stuff.  My god, the pessimism and negativity has truly become an all consuming thing for some. If Edler wanted to play this game, he’d be playing due to the respect he has from his teammates, coaches, and organization. I’m 100% certain he either requested not to play or was given the option of sitting.

I think it means it’s likely he’s coming back on a cheap 1 yr deal, for a proper farewell tour season. I’m ok with it. 

So Edler gets to decide when he plays and when he doesn't? So what's the point of Green then, if the players decide when they play and who sits?