The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-2022 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

yippykyeh

Reading the new info out on the vaccine card, and one of the slides reads:

Masks continue to be required in all indoor public spaces for people aged 12+. Current capacity limits remain in place for indoor gatherings and events (50 people or 50% of capacity, whichever is greater). Use of the BC Vaccine Card means we can plan to transition to removing these capacity limits by full implementation on October 24.

Looks like we might have capacity limits for the preseason, with a full stadium by home opening.

I also got my first communication from the Canucks today offering me the opportunity to buy my seat to the Imagine Dragons concert next March, but they only gave me 22 hours to decide to buy them, so I'll probably have to pass. Guess I'm going to have to set aside some cash to take advantage of these offers with how little time I get to decide.

The Canucks also made Season Ticket info public after having a fake waitlist today. From what I can gleam, they don't seem to be publicly offering the food and drink credit anymore. They also released the "special nights:"

OPENING NIGHT TUE. OCT. 26 VS. MIN

DIWALI FRI. NOV. 5 VS. NSH

LUNAR NEW YEAR TUE. JAN. 25 VS. EDM

PRIDE NIGHT SAT. MAR. 19 VS. CGY

COMMUNITY HEROES NIGHT SAT. APR. 9 VS. SJS

FAN APPRECIATION NIGHT FRI. APR. 29 VS. LAK

10 minutes ago, EagleBoss said:

Reading the new info out on the vaccine card, and one of the slides reads:

Looks like we might have capacity limits for the preseason, with a full stadium by home opening.

I also got my first communication from the Canucks today offering me the opportunity to buy my seat to the Imagine Dragons concert next March, but they only gave me 22 hours to decide to buy them, so I'll probably have to pass. Guess I'm going to have to set aside some cash to take advantage of these offers with how little time I get to decide.

That's kind of how I read it.  50% is still the rule right now, but things are expected to change by opening night.  Like in theory we could have 50% and allow the unvaccinated in under stage 3 rules.  It will make some demand for these preseason games.  

51 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

That's kind of how I read it.  50% is still the rule right now, but things are expected to change by opening night.  Like in theory we could have 50% and allow the unvaccinated in under stage 3 rules.  It will make some demand for these preseason games.  

My only remaining question is if the Canucks will require full vaccination for the preseason, or will they follow the provincal requirement timetable and only require partial vaccination.

As far as I would gather, they should only allow 50% capacity or they risk mass casualties.  Remember just because normal people are vaxed does NOT mean they can't be carriers and transmit, get sick, hospitalized from the Indian (Delta) strain and in very remote cases die although due to being vaxed is significantly rare.   Hopefully not too many will end up in the hospital and die after going to some of the games.

15 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

As far as I would gather, they should only allow 50% capacity or they risk mass casualties.  Remember just because normal people are vaxed does NOT mean they can't be carriers and transmit, get sick, hospitalized from the Indian (Delta) strain and in very remote cases die although due to being vaxed is significantly rare.   Hopefully not too many will end up in the hospital and die after going to some of the games.

If everyone is fully vaccinated it shouldn’t be an issue to allow full capacity. Covid ain’t ever going away and IMO, not allowing full capacity with the vaccine passport isn't reasonable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CanuckNut4Life said:

If everyone is fully vaccinated it shouldn’t be an issue to allow full capacity. Covid ain’t ever going away and IMO, not allowing full capacity with the vaccine passport isn't reasonable.

If I had to pick, I’d rather them remove a mask mandate then go to full capacity. Of course, both would be nice, but if I’m picking the restrictions that I’d choose to keep with full vaccination, it would be capacity limits over mandatory masking 

15 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

surprise canucks havent email STH about opting out due to vaccine passport... im sure some havent been vaccinated yet or will.. 

even if everyone is vaccinated at the games, i doubt the province will allow full capacity

Opting out isn’t an option….prolly don’t care. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

surprise canucks havent email STH about opting out due to vaccine passport... im sure some havent been vaccinated yet or will.. 

even if everyone is vaccinated at the games, i doubt the province will allow full capacity

Yea, I have a bunch of neighbors on my street here in Surrey and when i asked or spoke to them about it, about 5 out of roughly 20 to 25 odd people near my house aren't vaxed.  Some because they don't speak english and don't seem to know about the vaccine details and 3 of those who are ex Albertans and complete anti-Vax amongst being anti-everytjing else (In orther words -CONservatives).  So those proporations are about what we'll face with fans. roughly 15% or so+/-.  which is far too high and backs up why the Canucks management need to banish the anti-vaxers out of the stadium and only let NORMAL people in.  Going down to 1/2 capacity would be awesome and I'd gladly give up half my season tickets to stay safer and have some space between me and the infected people breathing 20" next to me.

Edited by RU SERIOUS

12 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

I just hope they come out with a way that I don’t have to go on my phone for my ticket and my vaccine passport, 

I really hope they come up with some way for Season Ticket Holders to connect some type of preapproval with the tickets so I can just scan my ticket.

15 minutes ago, EagleBoss said:

I really hope they come up with some way for Season Ticket Holders to connect some type of preapproval with the tickets so I can just scan my ticket.

First game at the Rog is 3 weeks away and we haven’t heard much yet , we haven’t even heard about our gift cards or member benefits , they still owe me from the previous season

On 9/8/2021 at 11:22 PM, WalkWithElias said:

First game at the Rog is 3 weeks away and we haven’t heard much yet , we haven’t even heard about our gift cards or member benefits , they still owe me from the previous season

Yeah it’s frustrating. I’ve called and asked about this stuff. Keep getting the usual answer…we’re gonna send an email.

canucks have been awful at communication this year

Let me tell you that not only the world changed but also the entertainment industry. I dumped my Canucks seasons in August 2020 (I have no regret about that) but foolishly I decided to keep my Seahawks seasons. The border is closed. I cannot go to the opening game next week. Not a big deal right? Based on my previous experience, the market for the opening game in Seattle is at a minimum double face value in my pocket but more accurately 3 times the cost in my pocket and that is with all the Ticketmaster fees deducted. Well.... the game is in one week, my tickets are not sold yet and I'm asking only for face value. There is no way that I will get that. I will sell my tickets for the opening game for about a 30% loss if I'm lucky. Can you imagine the price that I will get for the other games? I hope that the border reopens so I can use my tickets. I will dump my Seahawks seasons for the 2022 season.

Edited by Curt
Spelling

7 hours ago, CanuckNut4Life said:

Yeah it’s frustrating. I’ve called and asked about this stuff. Keep getting the usual answer…we’re gonna send an email.

canucks have been awful at communication this year

I’m guessing the canucks don’t even know what will happen for the season.  If they will be allowed to have a full arena or not (I doubt it will cases rising).  If not, then they will have to do re-seating for everyone.  

And some fans might cancel their tickets because they aren’t or don’t want to be vaccinated yet.

11 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

I’m guessing the canucks don’t even know what will happen for the season.  If they will be allowed to have a full arena or not (I doubt it will cases rising).  If not, then they will have to do re-seating for everyone.  

And some fans might cancel their tickets because they aren’t or don’t want to be vaccinated yet.

Yeah tough call for the powers to be, or, until I heard it said the Canucks will allow full attendance on the basis of vaccination certificate. But even then there's a lot on unknowns which could result in chnages. Some won't have the required vaccination certificate, there choice but again it will effect other and the club too

Edited by Fred65