The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Devils interested in Rasmus Ristolainen

37 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Honestly for the conversations it would create alone, I hope there is a banger of a deal like rhino & risto for 9th + loui + rooster :lol:

Have to add more than that as much as I would love to see that.

6 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I don't see why we couldn't shoot for the stars here, and offer our 2021 and 2022 1sts along with Eriksson (Cap) for Reinhart and Risto.  Basically a 1st for each of them.  They are both young still so we put ourselves right into the conversation:

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Miller Reinhart Podkolzin

Pearson Horvat Lind

Motte Highmore Lockwood

Hughes Hamonic

Schmidt Ristolainen

Rathbone Myers

Joulevi

Works for me!  Great for years!

Ristolainn 6'4, plays 21 mins--27 Oct -- Not worth a  #9 pick....

2nd rounder 2021 , Juolevi, 4th rounder 2023

I would rather chase Graves, 6'5, 26 --plays 20 mins  adds toughness...

trade 2021 - 2nd rounder...

Just now, wildcam said:

2nd rounder 2021 , Juolevi, 

1 hour ago, Scottydzik said:

Your not getting graves for 2nd at all too 4 defencemen are most valuable thing In hockey you have to pay up

Colorado have too much talent can't protect everyone.

Did you forget they have a protection problem? Lose Gravess to Seattle for noting??

I know he is a top 4 D man he plays 20 mins a game?

Appleton - 25 - 6'2 , speed, GP 56 -- PTS 25 on 3rd line.. Another player to go after

3 hours ago, wildcam said:

2nd rounder 2021 , Juolevi, 4th rounder 2023

They are similar dmen. However Ristolainen IMO is a step above Graves. Both are similar size, but Risto uses is more averaging about 200 hits for years now. Graves had 77 this past season. So if Graves adds toughness, so does Ristolainen and I would say more so.

They are less than a year apart in age. Ristolainen actually averaged 22 minutes a night last season while Graves had 19. Both are top PK guys, but Risto adds the offense.

Now of course if Graves could be had for as low as a 2nd round pick, value-wise, it makes more sense to acquire him. But we don't know the cost for either at this point. Perhaps Ristolainen won't cost as much, or if the #9 is involved, then perhaps we can unload a cap dump as well.

So with that said, there's also the issue of RHD vs LHD. Ristolainen fills much more of a need on RD whereas Graves is a LD. Ristolainen is likely a top pair dman, whereas Graves is more a top 4 dman. So have to look at the value of acquiring either accordingly.

9 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think Risto is a player that sounds better than he is. Big, fast puts up points sounds good but the parts don’t quite come together. 

The problem is he’s been in Buffalo so long it’s hard to tell if it’s him or that dysfunctional organization.

Odds are his bad habits can’t be coached out of him at this point.

Just now, DeNiro said:

The problem is he’s been in Buffalo so long it’s hard to tell if it’s him or that dysfunctional organization.

Actually his last couple of seasons he has improved defensively significantly with Krueger. I think with the right coach and motivation (getting out of the hell hole in Buffalo) would get any "bad habits" out of him.

12 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Who would CDC rather JB acquire and for what cost?

Rasmus Ristolainen- RHD who can shoot and put up points but needs a solid LHD partner who can cover his ass

Or

Sam Reinhart- Local BC kid who is primarily a RW but can slide to C. Think he does better in the NHL at RW due to his foot speed?

well considering i see tons of Sabres fans complaining about risto, deffs Reinhart.

3 hours ago, wildcam said:

Colorado have too much talent can't protect everyone.

Did you forget they have a protection problem? Lose Gravess to Seattle for noting??

I know he is a top 4 D man he plays 20 mins a game?

Appleton - 25 - 6'2 , speed, GP 56 -- PTS 25 on 3rd line.. Another player to go after

Yes but why would they only take a 2nd they’ll get a lot better offers and there a lot they can do to make it work 

7 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Honestly for the conversations it would create alone, I hope there is a banger of a deal like rhino & risto for 9th + loui + rooster :lol:

There isn't a GM in existence that'd trade Risto and Reino for a 9th overall pick and 2 cap dumps. Even Milbury is looking at it and thinking "yeah, no."

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe but a couple things there. As posted earlier in this thread he has been a minus player every season he has played at every level, sometimes players just tell you who they are. Second, what about watching the Canucks says this is the team to fix a players defensive deficiencies. 

On 6/15/2021 at 9:45 AM, Canuckster86 said:

@Vintage_Canuckdoes this thread cover the Friedman talk about Buffalo getting a 2nd top 10 or is this just Risto to NJ for something else like them taking on a bad contract like Okposo with ristolainen?

I just this comment now (you had tagged a different "Vintage Canuck" ;)). This thread is mainly about the Ristolainen rumour, but if you want to discuss about the other rumour, feel free to create a new thread. :) 

18 hours ago, Scottydzik said:

Yes but why would they only take a 2nd they’ll get a lot better offers and there a lot they can do to make it work 

They might and at some point you have to decide how much the player is worth?

Graves 2nd rounder and maybe Juolevi...That would be top price for Graves...