The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

Just now, IRR said:

Def could be. Another media driven things, as usual! 

Exactly. I think it’s pretty obvious JB is shopping him and like a lot of Canucks he didn’t gel last year.

To the media that = Schmidt wants out. 

It’s been denied twice.

He’s a good player and will have a strong season next year I bet. I would be perfectly fine if we didn’t trade him just to trade him. We should get assets back 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

Maybe but leaves only 4 teams in the US he can’t be traded too. I can think of at least 4 stinker places there too. Hard to say. 

I heard that some American players had a tough time with the restrictions. They didn't specify which players though. I based my opinion off of that.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Exactly. I think it’s pretty obvious JB is shopping him and like a lot of Canucks he didn’t gel last year.

To the media that = Schmidt wants out. 

It’s been denied twice.

He’s a good player and will have a strong season next year I bet. I would be perfectly fine if we didn’t trade him just to trade him. We should get assets back 

For sure! I'd be totally okay if he stayed as well. He's a good player and would prob have a better year. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2021 at 10:54 AM, gurn said:

When did Ghost score double Schmidt's points, few years back.?

" Past performance is not an indicator of future results" ; so say the financial investment adds anyway.

Gostisbehere had 65 points in 78 games in 2017-2018 on a middle of the pack Flyers team… In the past six years he has also hit 37, 39, and 46 points totals while also not even ever playing a full healthy season. He has been playing on a steadily declining Flyers team with a terribly un-balanced D-core around him. Where as Schmidts career high in points totals is 30, 31, and 36, all on a team that’s been in the Cup Final and Western Conference Final every other season in its four years of existence… Gostisbehere is also two years younger at 28 and won’t be 29 until April… there is more to give and plenty of reclamation and bounce back potential in Gostisbeheres abilities.

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

I heard that some American players had a tough time with the restrictions. They didn't specify which players though. I based my opinion off of that.

Why were the American players having more of a hard time than anyone else on the team?