The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

FYI about Lekkerimaki .... Bob MacKenzie actually had him in the Top 10.

8. Jonathan Lekkerimaki: The somewhat undersized (5-foot-10-1/2) Swedish winger has a big-time shot and high-end finishing ability and performed at a high level at the 2022 U-18 World Championship. He might not have quite the same offensive pizzazz as Kemell, but he still projects as a top-six scoring forward. Our scouting survey ranked him as high as No. 4 and as low as No. 17.

https://www.tsn.ca/juraj-slafkovsky-shane-wright-bob-mckenzie-nhl-draft-ranking-1.1818585

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Around size? Winners? I dunno I just worry about a lack of size. Too many guys under 180. 

Your point is valid a lot can change in 3 years but I like em big.

I'm looking at it like this, If we start our ascend to the top now ( playoffs next year and a progressive climb from there ) we won't have a chance to draft high end offensive talent via high picks. This guy has that elite shot.

We can support guys like him, EP, Maybe karlsson if he translates to the NHL with the big boys in the later half of the 1st / 2nd rounds. The guys we all would die for... size and skill... always go before we pick.

We need alot of luck obviously and nothing is a for sure but I really do understand and like this pick

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's bullsh!t.  If they don't play in the league being "property of" shouldn't hamstring a kid if he can play in the AHl.  Not saying it's the case here, but it's a stupid rule.

• Cheers 1

Every other team above the Canucks passed on this guy despite a top 10 ranking, The player I absolutely least wanted the Canucks to draft. He makes the team smaller, slower and easier to play against - the exact opposite of what the Canucks need. Basically Hunter Shinkaruk 2.0, think it's a mistake to not prioritize a D or C but they're the scouts and I'm not so I'll have to trust they know what they're doing. Glad to have the kid aboard and I hope he works out

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not unhappy, but would have preferred they shoot for the moon with Lambert, who I think is going to be one of the best in the draft

Fair enough. I personally would have risked the pick on Miroshnichenko. 

But I am okay with the choice. Looks like he's going to be a solid player. 

1 minute ago, sxqhfeh said:

Every other team above the Canucks passed on this guy despite a top 10 ranking, The player I absolutely least wanted the Canucks to draft. He makes the team smaller, slower and easier to play against - the exact opposite of what the Canucks need. Basically Hunter Shinkaruk 2.0, think it's a mistake to not prioritize a D or C but they're the scouts and I'm not so I'll have to trust they know what they're doing. Glad to have the kid aboard and I hope he works out

Not many players can shoot like that though.

Just now, sxqhfeh said:

I was happy someone took Savoie, hope our guy can be similar to Pastrnak

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's bullsh!t.  If they don't play in the league being "property of" shouldn't hamstring a kid if he can play in the AHl.  Not saying it's the case here, but it's a stupid rule.

I’m sure there’s a deal that can be worked out. 

But if the Giants can do the work in development then it’s not a big deal. 

He wasn’t going to crack the lineup for another 2-3 years anyways.