The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

10 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

This was a BPA pick, I don't want size if they are going off the board with it just because of size. Last time we missed on Ehlers and Nylander because of "size" pick and picked Jake Virtanen, a total bust of a pick.

I would call it general disappointment with not filling big gaps in the system than a specific comment on the player. 
There were a lot of red flags on Jake but I can understand why JB rolled the dice. Hindsight…

Just now, R3aL said:

Well Alvin making the pick was expected.

First draft 

Started his career as amateur scout in Montreal 

first Swedish gm 

with a Swedish star to select 

he's the GM, of course he made the pick.  Other teams had almost 10 people on stage.........just saying it's a tad hypocritical to hire women, soak up the positive press from it and then, despite being at the table, don't get to go up

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Ya she out performed a lot of WHl draft elligbles so they gave her a nod was cool 

I Googled right after. Wow that's awesome. Kinda sad I didn't realize this happened. I don't pay much attention outside of the NHL and canuck property clearly 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

yes, am excited for the pick. They picked BPA, anyone who has problem with this pick then they really should do their research. Canucks are now stacked when it comes to wingers and they have Horvat and Pettersson as centers. What they need is to fix the D by trading some players and going UFA route maybe. I think its a good thing, Avs won the cup by have lots of forward depth aside from having great D.

Ya it’s. A big insurance policy on kuzmenko and boeser too. 

Podkolzin-EP40-Boeser
Kuzmenko-Horvat-Lekkerimaki

a nice blend of North Americans Swedes and Russians if it all breaks right and stick together 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

he's the GM, of course he made the pick.  Other teams had almost 10 people on stage.........just saying it's a tad hypocritical to hire women, soak up the positive press from it and then, despite being at the table, don't get to go up

Oh I agree I didn’t notice none of the girls were in stage at all? Not even one lmao

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I Googled right after. Wow that's awesome. Kinda sad I didn't realize this happened. I don't pay much attention outside of the NHL and canuck property clearly 

I didn’t either I saw her and had someone tell me today in person. I was laser focused on draft and Canucks too

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

Ya it’s. A big insurance policy on kuzmenko and boeser too. 

Podkolzin-EP40-Boeser
Kuzmenko-Horvat-Lekkerimaki

a nice blend of North Americans Swedes and Russians if it all breaks right and stick together 

That won't happen for another 3-4 years. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Because it's a nothing burger. 

Allvin is the new GM, and he's well within his right as the leader of the team to be on stage to select the 1st round pick.

That's why. 

where did I say he shouldn't have?  Talk about a nothingburger

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

so the women in the front office aren't as important as all the men in the front office?  

Was Derek Clancey up there?  

Was Ryan Johnson up there?  

Were any assistant GMs up there?  

The answer is no.  

They had a GM, the President, the owner and his daughter, the coach, and a bunch of scouts responsible for this selection.  

Stop looking for reasons to get offended. 

14 minutes ago, Darius said:

Agree...these arguments im reading about size reminds me of the comments made by those that wanted Vilardi and Glass over EP.  Take the guy that the scouts think is the most talented.    If they have too many top 6 wingers they can translate those players into filling holes in the future.

I have no issue with taking skill over size but I do have issue with taking a small winger with skating issues for our team in a position we have a log jam. 

Pod Boeser Garland Karlsson Klim 

Where does he play is he the guy to ride shotty with Pete? Does he help Bo's line taking on teams top lines?

Edited by hammertime
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

who cares, only u making it a issue, have u thought maybe she didnt wanna go up or w/e .....stop looking for something to whine about, its draft day, enjoy it

• Cheers 1