The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

9 hours ago, RomanP said:

It was pre planned. He spent the night watching the game with the Sedins, with them explaining to him the game from above. Very useful for a young player.

Thanks for the update!

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Full image:

FhToOQnaUAUwvAo?format=png&name=small

Sounds like what Higgins was trying to show him in dev camp.

To use his body and initiate contact at times to give himself a little more space or time with the puck to make aa play or open up a better option.

Maybe its not natural to him and he's having a really hard time with it.

Hes still very young to be in the AHL and. big project. Tools are there so he's just gotta grind and not just have good support / coaching but he needs to be open to learning and applying their lessons.

Hope he figures it out

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Another Benning saw him play on a weekend pick.  Love Klim but not sure if he’s a player.  

Scott Morrow taken one pick ahead of us too. 6’2” right shot D man that can skate and play in both ends. Exactly what we need. Putting up a point a game in college.

If Benning clued in we needed D and hadn’t traded so many picks we probably could have traded up and snagged him.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Not concerned at all with Klim. He's got lots of time, and he's getting good coaching. 

22 year old NHL player is what we should be aiming for, and he's still 19 I believe. 

59 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Not concerned at all with Klim. He's got lots of time, and he's getting good coaching. 

22 year old NHL player is what we should be aiming for, and he's still 19 I believe. 

He has time he is 19. I look back to Gadjovich and Lind as good examples of 2nd round picks for us that once they hit the AHL it took them several years to learn how to become a pro. Both started taking off after year 3. The first 2 years they were in and out of the line up learning their game. Unfortunately both haven’t panned out too well. Neither have cemented themselves as full time NHLers. 

Klim seems to be taking this route as well. I see a lot of the same things/problems he had last year surfacing this year as well. From everything I hear he is doing his best to learn but the one thing he is also trying to over come compared to Gadj or Lind is the language barrier. I’m sure it’s not easy for the coaching staff or player to try and communicate clearly and be on the same page. If Klim pans out he will IMO be a late blooming prospect. I’d give him another 2 seasons. After that, he is what he is. I’m hoping the best for him. He seems like a good kid.

Edited by Attila Umbrus

5 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I look back to Gadjovich and Lind as good examples of 2nd round picks for us that once they hit the AHL it took them several years to learn how to become a pro. Both started taking off after year 3. The first 2 years they were in and out of the line up learning their game.

Not only that, but those two also spent their first year (D+1) back in the CHL.  So it was their D+4 year where they took off in the AHL, and it should be noted that it was the year that the big taxi squads were a thing, so each AHL team had their best few players plucked away permanently on the taxi squad.  

15 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Scott Morrow taken one pick ahead of us too. 6’2” right shot D man that can skate and play in both ends. Exactly what we need. Putting up a point a game in college.

If Benning clued in we needed D and hadn’t traded so many picks we probably could have traded up and snagged him.

Not to worry DeNiro. Livingstone will sign with the Canucks this spring. BC boy comes home to play RD at 6'3" and 210 pounds! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Not only that, but those two also spent their first year (D+1) back in the CHL.  So it was their D+4 year where they took off in the AHL, and it should be noted that it was the year that the big taxi squads were a thing, so each AHL team had their best few players plucked away permanently on the taxi squad.  

Good points as well. Covid really has derailed a lot of younger careers. It’s a shame. At least we have lots of time to develop Klim. Patience is key here. He is very dynamic. If they hone his overall game in a bit more they have a very useful player. He doesn’t need to be a 200 ft two way player, he just needs to keep his head above water defensively, you don’t want to kill that killer offensive instinct of his. 

Once he rounds his game out i’m sure we will see the leash loosen a bit on him so he can flex those offensive instincts more.

• Upvote 1