The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

11 minutes ago, Provost said:

Low floor, high ceiling… the type of gambles that should be made in the 2nd-4th rounds.

Years away from being a possible contributor for us.

With this draft, and all of the unknowns, most guys outside the top 10 are going to be a few years away to be contributors. Did you really expect an out of the gate prospect this year? 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Raty

Stank-Oven

Hemo-Salami

I'll "trust the process" and wait on this one

Canucks are in need of high compete, high energy guys, a la Podkolzin. I’m happy with the pick even if he’s a few years away from playing here. High risk, high reward. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Picking a player from Belarus is like the anti Russian factor. It’s a terrible country with a draconian dictator, extreme media censorship, and very close minded views to things like LGTBQ issues and climate change. 

He will want to come over and never go back. Let’s see what he can do in the Q!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 5

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

Would have loved Pinelli at our pick but I’m no scout.

Well said. We have players in mind we’d like to see but 99% of us haven’t even watched any of the guys play 

Just now, Top Sven Baercheese said:

I like this aspect of it. Not sure how much I've seen this before, but the kid wants to be successful and wants the Canucks to guide him on how to do that. I think the Q will be better, more playing time. 

He’d be better off in the K as Canada will more than likely go into another lockdown in the fall. More rink restrictions, no media, blah blah blah 

• Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1

11 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

With this draft, and all of the unknowns, most guys outside the top 10 are going to be a few years away to be contributors. Did you really expect an out of the gate prospect this year? 

I did not…. My post said nothing of the sort and literally said it was the type of pick you make in this round.

Odd that statements of fact are responded to with random negative judgements… or are you just an angry old man shaking your fist at everything?

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, TheCustodian said:

Bad pick. He's like Virtanen without the high-end skating. Also has character issues. Cam Robinson hates it.

Think that’s a terrible comparison, Virtanen only had his speed and wicked shot. Klimovich is an average skater so he relies more on his hands and positioning.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

What does any of that have to do with playing hockey? 

Assume, as I did, that a player might not want to be in that environment. It would mean he is more likely to go to play in North America right away. 

It’s not a guarantee, merely some background information to consider. Alternatively we could say that if he loves draconian dictators and no freedom of speech, he might choose to stay and play for Dinamo Minsk. 

Both of these things could impact where he plays hockey. Hence my comment on the “Russian Factor” that sometimes concerns people about draft picks from Russia. 

Anyway, have a good Saturday my friend. Let’s enjoy the sunshine. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Danila is currently on tryout contract with the KHL club Dinamo, Minsk. Yesterday he played exhibition game vs Admiral, Vladivostok (KHL club from Eastern conference) with 2 points (1G, 1A).

nice. I think people here freak out too much about player development in Russia, sometimes its a great option. 

• Cheers 1