The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Olli Juolevi

So... after this deal, do we still have $ left after re-signing Petey and Hughes, assuming bridge deals for $6.5-7M per for each... I'd love to JB add one experienced, big physical guy who can play C and wing.... then we'll have a very competitive roster!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

So... after this deal, do we still have $ left after re-signing Petey and Hughes, assuming bridge deals for $6.5-7M per for each... I'd love to JB add one experienced, big physical guy who can play C and wing.... then we'll have a very competitive roster!

We have just over 13M and it will be used up for Dickenson, Hughes and Petey. 

Roster full. 

Looney Tunes Nothing To See Here GIF

• Cheers 2

Good signing. 
I think if you have him and Rathbone as young D, you can say we are splitting games and then with injuries you are getting 50ish games each that is good.

One of them may come in and be head and shoulders better than the other though in which case run with them. 
Not sure why people think needs to be waved if is there 7th D-man, team typically caries 8. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, #Canucks said:

That actually looks pretty sick. Exciting year coming up.

Only issue is that Poolman hasn't played that many minutes and Myers has.

Just now, bigbadcanucks said:

$3M is moving to the minors and $3.5M equivalent is on LTIR with Ferland.  Add that to the $13.3M available, the Canucks have nearly $20M to sign Pettersson, Hughes and Dickinson.  Probably the reason why Benning wasn't worried about a Pettersson offer sheet.

Does the 13.3 include Ferland?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbadcanucks said:

$3M is moving to the minors and $3.5M equivalent is on LTIR with Ferland.  Add that to the $13.3M available, the Canucks have nearly $20M to sign Pettersson, Hughes and Dickinson.  Probably the reason why Benning wasn't worried about a Pettersson offer sheet.

Copy that, just so you know the LTIR doesn’t show currently on Cap Friendly even though Ferlund declared he was LTIR to the end. 

Just now, grandmaster said:

Copy that, just so you know the LTIR doesn’t show currently on Cap Friendly even though Ferlund declared he was LTIR to the end. 

Ferland's cap hit is included in the total team cap.  It's a manual addition by subtraction (if that makes any sense...when written in words, doesn't to me).

• Thanks 1