The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Jason Dickinson

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Very interesting lineup, I don't think Gadjovich 6'2, 215 lbs not ready for the 1st line...

Petey  - 3 X 7.8  AVG --1st yr 7.6 -- 2nd yr 7.8 -- 3rd yr 8 million

Hughes- 2 X 7 million avg --  1st yr 6.8 -- 2nd yr 7.2 million

Might not be ready, per se, but I think the fit might be worth investigating.  Similar to Burr with the Twins.  He scored a lot in the AHL last year, goes to the net, and can hopefully help protect Petey out there.

10 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Great value and deal here. Dickinson is a clear upgrade on Beagle and a great 2 way player. He can chip in offensively as well. Hope he can help us out on special teams also. Can't wait to see him hit the ice in blue and green!

I think Dickinson (2.65) replaces Sutter (4.375) at 3C

And Sutter (1.125) replaces Beagle (3.0) at 4C for a total savings of 3.6 for bottom 6 centres and I expect better performance tbh

We have approx. 16,350,000 in cap space to Sign Petey and Hughes. That’s carrying 23 man roster. Plenty to lock em up long term if they so choose 

Also great signing! Looking forward to seeing Dicky on the ice 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I think the forward lines are gonna start like this.

Miller - Petey - Boeser

Pearson - Bo - Garland

Motte - Sutter - Dickinson (Shutdown line)

Hoglander - Highmore - Podkolzin

By the end it will be.

Miller - Petey - Boes

Hoglander - Bo - Garland

Pearson - Dickinson - Podkolzin

Motte - Sutter - Highmore/Lockwood

Please no Pearson on 2nd line except with injuries?  Bo needs more skill on his wings, Garland and Hoglander, Podkolzin

1. Miller -- Petey --Boeser 

2. Hoglander - Horvat - Garland----- ((( Podkolzin  and Hoglander rotate depending on game

3.Pearson - Dickinson - Podkolzin

4. MacEwen - Sutter --   Motte      --------- Highmore.--((( Call ups - Bailey,  Gadjovich , Lockwood ))

Just now, wildcam said:

Please no Pearson on 2nd line except with injuries?  Bo needs more skill on his wings, Garland and Hoglander, Podkolzin

1. Miller -- Petey --Boeser 

2. Hoglander - Horvat - Garland----- ((( Podkolzin  and Hoglander rotate depending on game

3.Pearson - Dickinson - Podkolzin

4. MacEwen - Sutter --   Motte      --------- Highmore.--((( Call ups - Bailey,  Gadjovich , Lockwood ))

I said that will be the way it starts, because Green trusts Pearson and Bo together.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Crabcakes said:

I don't think this deal gets done unless Benning has a pretty good idea what the numbers for Petey and Hughes are going to be

Oh for sure. Never been worried about. Tried to take a break from here because I knew there would just be ridiculous discussions about them but saw the news about Dickinson. I was making a point about how much space we have because I see some have said 14 million but it’s over 16 with a full roster.

I just hope they are long term deals

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I don't think this deal gets done unless Benning has a pretty good idea what the numbers for Petey and Hughes are going to be

I agree probably going over small details on contracts, want to announce Petey and Hughes deals together...They have the same agent..

Think Petey and Hughes deals will be announced next week before August 19th....lol

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Oh for sure. Never been worried about. Tried to take a break from here because I knew there would just be ridiculous discussions about them but saw the news about Dickinson. I was making a point about how much space we have because I see some have said 14 million but it’s over 16 with a full roster.

I just hope they are long term deals

Petey  --  3 X 7.6 million cap hit 

Hughes-- 2 X 7.2  Million cap hit

I am guessing short term deals, cap will go up cash in next contract...

2 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Petey  --  3 X 7.6 million cap hit 

Hughes-- 2 X 7.2  Million cap hit

I am guessing short term deals, cap will go up cash in next contract...

It's unlikely either get that much on such short term deals. Barzal has shown more and just signed a 3x$7 deal. Hughes would be looking at 5-6 year term at that amount.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Except OEL's incoming contract is full NTC.  Those last couple years could potentially be as bad as, well.....let's hope for the best. 

Yes, but that's not one that we signed and how well he's going to perform on it, remains to be seen. He might be great!

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Rathbone will come out flying, elite skater and hockey smarts...# 4 D man by December..So much skill...

I mean he is gonna have to displace one of OEL Hughes for that to happen. However if one of them goes down he could certainly slide right in. I'm not sold on Juolevi but I hope to be made a fool of in this regard. 

• Cheers 1