The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 22 Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

Just played on ps4. 
Right now the game is slow, but nothing like some little parameters adjustments can’t change.

sad that Podkolzin isn’t there yet in early access. But I’m sure he will be added soon.

Wrap around animation is still broken, but skating while protecting puck is more realistic and great. 

Edited by deus.ex.makina

4 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Just played on ps4. 
Right now the game is slow, but nothing like some little parameters adjustments can’t change.

sad that Podkolzin isn’t there yet in early access. But I’m sure he will be added soon.

Wrap around animation is still broken, but skating while protecting puck is more realistic and great. 

Once Podkolzin plays in a regular season game, he'll be added. 

• Cheers 1

Do the jerseys still look like fondant?

I wouldn't mind playing again, but EASHL is my main online mode (still hate the cookie cutter builds). 

I've never been a fan of the skating, as I feel everyone skates too fast for too long (I know there are sliders, but it still sucks), and everyone can seemingly snipe every shot (I usually put the shot accuracy and power down) due to the puck physics.

How is the AI? 

On 10/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, deus.ex.makina said:

at least positionning is the real deal on D. 
among def tools', the puck-checking is still effective, but if you play the 2 on 1 wisely with your D you would intercept the pass 9 times out of 10.  

That's been my main complaint since 360/PS3 era.  Every single defenseman was as stupid as Tyson Barrie in his own zone.

3 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Someone with experience of playing each years game, let me know if it’s worth it. Thanks 

I’ve played the last 3 years of NHL for PS4 and I’m honestly in love with 21. 19 was sick personally while 20 was interesting. I’m probably going to stay put with 21 for my PS4 as I’m looking on saving up for PS5 down the road or I’m hoping it’ll go cheap at some point. I only play on my day offs as I have school. What console do you have?

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I’ve played the last 3 years of NHL for PS4 and I’m honestly in love with 21. 19 was sick personally while 20 was interesting. I’m probably going to stay put with 21 for my PS4 as I’m looking on saving up for PS5 down the road or I’m hoping it’ll go cheap at some point. I only play on my day offs as I have school. What console do you have?

I’m in the same boat Beary. I have a PS4 which is getting old (loud). I would like a PS5 at some point (Probably next year if they are available) just can’t decide if I should wait or what 

• Cheers 1

I was at my buddies place on the weekend to see if it’s worth picking up Chel 22 for PS5. I saw him play drop ins and every single game he played, there was a glitch that happened usually late in the game. Just before the face off, the game would loop until my buddy was kicked out of the game. I asked him how often this has happened? Every single game I’ve played. So he didn’t get any stats or W/L on the game, only wasted his time and spent $100 on a PS5 game that is clearly not working properly. 

Long story short, I am going to wait for a little bit before I get a copy. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue when playing online drop ins? 

22 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

I was at my buddies place on the weekend to see if it’s worth picking up Chel 22 for PS5. I saw him play drop ins and every single game he played, there was a glitch that happened usually late in the game. Just before the face off, the game would loop until my buddy was kicked out of the game. I asked him how often this has happened? Every single game I’ve played. So he didn’t get any stats or W/L on the game, only wasted his time and spent $100 on a PS5 game that is clearly not working properly. 

Long story short, I am going to wait for a little bit before I get a copy. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue when playing online drop ins? 

Game just came out and it usually takes EA a bit to patch things up. Hopefully the first update will fix that. 

• Cheers 1

Ok I haven't played since maybe nhl16? The whole line chemistry thing is very confusing to me.  

If I have a 3rd line of Hoglander, Dickenson, Pearson,  they are -1. If the same 3 guys are on line 4 they are +1. I've made sure the line strategies are all the same.  I don't know what else to change.  

It doesn't seem like a huge deal cause I can just use my 4th line as my 3rd line... but there's obviously something I'm not understanding and I'd like to make full use of the system.  

12 hours ago, edler rocks said:

Ok I haven't played since maybe nhl16? The whole line chemistry thing is very confusing to me.  

If I have a 3rd line of Hoglander, Dickenson, Pearson,  they are -1. If the same 3 guys are on line 4 they are +1. I've made sure the line strategies are all the same.  I don't know what else to change.  

It doesn't seem like a huge deal cause I can just use my 4th line as my 3rd line... but there's obviously something I'm not understanding and I'd like to make full use of the system.  

Each player has a line fit. If you go to their player stat card screen and hit right bumper (xbox) a couple times, it'll show where their best fit in the lineup is, based on your coaches strategies. Also, player types have an effect as well. 

Ok,  so Dickenson just doesn't fit well with my coaches overall strategy.  I don't love that. But I guess it's realistic for some players to just not get along with coaches.  

It's dumb that certain players have to play on certain lines though.  Like Dickenson gets huge negatives if he's on 3rd and OEL gets negatives on the 2nd pairing.