The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canuck Brandon Prust in hot water for disgraceful tweet

cuporbust

19 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Everyone calling this guy an idiot and making jokes about one too many punch to the head ought to read this carefully and try to put yourself in his shoes. This is a seriously disturbed person. He is not well.

I agree.

7C4AC41B-FC73-49D3-B3DB-B59E7F5A92FA.jpeg

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The Canucks should create a ring of dishonour lower down.

I could think of a few guys that deserve a spot there now…

should come with a one way bus ticket to Calgary. The Tkachuk express. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

Like someone else said he probably shot his mouth off before he thought about it.  

I think he said an apology. 

Cmon man - his apology was -  jeez, I didn't mean to offend anyone and everyone's blowing it out of context.

Take out the sex trade stuff and he still landed about three shots of offense on the girl - why are you so intent on defending him? It was a classless, sleazy move and his apology was almost as bad as the original garbage.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

4 hours ago, IBatch said:

In Bob McKenzie's book, he talked about Prust and how tough it can be to play in the NHL.   After a fight his half of his face was broken.  He was often the little guy fighting much bigger men.   It was an away game - the trainer gave him a couple pills, and sent him to the airport.  He sat there for hours literally holding his face in place.  Rather then dealing with it there, he was sent to the airport do their doctors could do the surgery's required back in Calgary.   He had to hold his face together while waiting for the flight and the entire flight, and until he arrived at the hospital.   Doesn't make what he said better.   Maybe it can be a little cathartic though. 

Pretty brutal on the team to expect that tbh

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, HighOnHockey said:

Everyone calling this guy an idiot and making jokes about one too many punch to the head ought to read this carefully and try to put yourself in his shoes. This is a seriously disturbed person. He is not well.

He is still responsible for what he says. If he is unable to conduct himself like an adult then he needs to be institutionalized until he can.

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He is still responsible for what he says. If he is unable to conduct himself like an adult then he needs to be institutionalized until he can.

Not really interested in that, but if you think these comments deserve to have him institutionalized, that's your prerogative. My point was about stuff like that article someone above posted, "Prust is bad at Twitter," featuring lines like "[a]s a single man on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I don’t expect Prust to be able to mentally comprehend..."

How are you gonna pretend to acknowledge mental illness and then insult him for it in the same sentence. And how much you wanna bet these same people are tweeting "Bell lets talk" every year.

Rypien, Boogard and Belak wasn't all that long ago, and the debate about fighting in hockey and CTE rages on. Personally I'm all for fighting in hockey, and I'm all for making fun of actual idiots like Sean Avery for instance, but I also think empathy is important when called for, and that it is important to try to differentiate between idiocy and mental instability. and just from reading a couple tweets from this guy, it seems to me like he is in a really dark place.

• Cheers 2

Just now, HighOnHockey said:

Not really interested in that, but if you think these comments deserve to have him institutionalized, that's your prerogative. My point was about stuff like that article someone above posted, "Prust is bad at Twitter," featuring lines like "[a]s a single man on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I don’t expect Prust to be able to mentally comprehend..."

How are you gonna pretend to acknowledge mental illness and then insult him for it in the same sentence. And how much you wanna bet these same people are tweeting "Bell lets talk" every year.

Rypien, Boogard and Belak wasn't all that long ago, and the debate about fighting in hockey and CTE rages on. Personally I'm all for fighting in hockey, and I'm all for making fun of actual idiots like Sean Avery for instance, but I also think empathy is important when called for, and that it is important to try to differentiate between idiocy and mental instability. and just from reading a couple tweets from this guy, it seems to me like he is in a really dark place.

Not those comments, but if he's unable to be responsible for his own actions, and is in such a dark place, it might be the best option for everyone involved, including Prust.