The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Based on everyones conclusions on Rathbone, I am speaking on the majority of people’s assumptions on Rathbone. Which is why I said “even thats debatable”

There is a good sense of Rathbone, there isnt a great sense of OJ imho. People are already pencilling Rathbone in and writing OJ off.

Yeah that was not impressive on the bagskate, I'd have thought he'd come in Superman style and killed it... idk what to say, hope he didn't learn anything from JV on being not serious enough to make the team. 

4 minutes ago, khay said:

At this rate, OJ may very well end up as the worst 5th overall pick in a modern era, possibly even worse than Dal Colle.

Having said that, his injuries did prevent him from making progress in his career. 

At this point, I'm just hoping that he becomes a serviceable bottom pairing defender.

he'll end up a high end player in europe, where the pressure is less. 

13 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

On the positive end, Lockwood seems to be winning a job. If he keeps playing like this Id think they have to keep him, or he won't be down for long.

Also some good signs from Gadjovich. Hopefully he can play games this year too. 

Would rather have Gman actually, if he's a lot faster this year, wi be a force on 4th line...

Assuming Pettersson and Hughes re-sign - regular season opening night lineup?

Pettersson - Miller  - Boeser

Hoglander - Horvat - Garland

Pearson - Petan - Podkolzin

Highmore - Dickinson - Chiasson

Lockwood

Hughes - Hamonic

Ekman-Larsson - Poolman

Rathbone - Myers

Schenn

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

he'll end up a high end player in europe, where the pressure is less. 

Probably. He was doing fine in Finland, wasn't he?

Either way, it doesn't help us.

I guess we will have to take some misses (OJ, JV) along with some great hits (EP, Boeser, Hughes). And unlike JV, OJ's career was derailed by injuries, which is very unfortunate for us.

Considering how well Chychrun is doing, it is painful to accept. I wonder why Chychrun slipped so much. He was touted very highly up until the draft and for whatever reason he fell.