The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 05, 2021 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet One

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Getting closer to an NHL roster here, but still not quite. Nice to see a better team tonight though. I do feel like with Gadjovich not playing, he's either injured or being cut. Lockwood may have an outside chance to get a 4th line job until Motte returns.

27 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

9567_seattle_kraken-primary_dark-2022.pn1890_vancouver_canucks-primary_dark-2020

Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks

Date: Oct. 05, 2021

Time: 7:00 pm PT

TV: Sportsnet One

Radio: Sportsnet 650

FA8wj0zVcAEhd_z?format=jpg&name=large

Man Rathbone playing his 5th straight preseason game in a matter of 9 days. 

Considering the minutes that he has played to, have to wonder at what point he begins to feel the fatigue and his play reflects that fatigue. Sure looks like the team really wants to give him a look, suggesting that they are still undecided on him. 

40 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

I’m very surprised with all the new faces that Green isn’t icing a roster closer to what our regular season team will be. 

I'm not. We still have a number of unknowns in our bottom half of the lineup. With 2/3rds of our 4th line out to start the season, we need to essentially build a 4th line out of the depth pieces we have. I would much rather be checking out those players thoroughly now then taking a shot on game 1, when it actually matters.

Same goes with our D core. On top of the Olli/Rathbone/Hunt battle we might be in need of a stop gap RD until Hamonic comes back, or doesn't. This season matters, we need a strong start.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1