The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

4 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I agree too.   Green once again mis-managed like the true AHL Calibre coach he is.   Can't wait until he's Fired.

After all the roster tweaking - the xfactor is the staff; and so far, they had delivered as expected.

Not sure if the 80's Oilers can win under Green 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I agree too.   Green once again mis-managed like the true AHL Calibre coach he is.   Can't wait until he's Fired.

I was never on the Fire Green bandwagon.  But I'm starting to come around.

:P

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

The whole team played like crap.

Coach overplayed Rathbone like he's a top 4 defenseman. OEL had just a shade more ice time, but has directly contributed to goals (even if he doesn't show up on the score sheet).

Rathbone is flash and dash. Lots of potential. But the Canucks need help on the defensive side of the game, which is what Juolevi excels at. Green is a moron.

They need a impactful right side defenseman. One at least.

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

Yep.

I blame Green for not getting the lines (mostly) set.  It takes a bit of time for new players to gel together.  And Vancouver always get getting a crap schedule, they need to get points early as possible. 

Maybe loading up the top 2 lines is the way to go.  Really wanted 3 scoring lines though. 

And need Hamonic back asap and get that RHD depth.  QH needs a defensive D partner to cover up his gaffes.

That 3 line experiment has failed. I think Boeser, Pettersson and Miller need to play together as they are familiar woth each other. Maybe Garland, Horvat and Hoglander can be 2nd line and Dickenson can play with Pearson and Podkolzin. Chiasson,  Petan, Dowling, Di Guiseppe and Highmore could battle it out for the 4th line until Motte and Sutter are back. I see Dowling and Petan sent back to minors while we keep Highmore and Di Guiseppe. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Ok so we are in agreeance about questioning Chiasson in the lineup tonight. 

How about Highmore? What has he done? 

How about Dowling? How about Petan? 

I'm fine with highmore as a 4th line winger who establishes the speed game and forecheck that green wants to play. petan should be no more than 13th forward. dowling is ok as a temporary center until sutter is healthy but no more. 

12 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Canucks love small soft finesse players.   I personally think Green is afraid to have a strong person in the dressing room that would really contrast against his soft - pussycat - swell guy image and lose what little respect he has left in the dressing room and expose him for ehat he is - A Glorified AHL Coach!

Like 10 new faces team looks as bad as ever maybe it’s not the personal but the person in charge of getting the personnel and the coach. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DefCon1 said:

That 3 line experiment has failed. I think Boeser, Pettersson and Miller need to play together as they are familiar woth each other. Maybe Garland, Horvat and Hoglander can be 2nd line and Dickenson can play with Pearson and Podkolzin. Chiasson,  Petan, Dowling, Di Guiseppe and Highmore could battle it out for the 4th line until Motte and Sutter are back. I see Dowling and Petan sent back to minors while we keep Highmore and Di Guiseppe. 

Podz that's set up some grade A chances. I feel like he needs a sniper. 

I bet he and Boeser would look good together. 

Petey uncharacteristically missed his shots on some beautiful feeds by Podz

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

Good projected line up. Anyone have JBs' number.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

I'm fine with highmore as a 4th line winger who establishes the speed game and forecheck that green wants to play. petan should be no more than 13th forward. dowling is ok as a temporary center until sutter is healthy but no more. 

Can you risk a 4th line without a good faceoff guy? 

Lockwood Highmore Bailey 

I would rather roll with that 

Just now, wildwood12 said:

I’m glad everyone is so negative. That tells me we really have a great team!

Lol we do. That's why we are so angry. 

Isn't it ridiculous that we have no idea what the roster on Wed looks like? 

What would be amazing is if Green makes all the correct moves tonight and picks the right line up for Wed and they play amazingly. 

It could still happen but I dunno how you'd call up Lockwood after waiving him today... 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Boeser Petterson Miller were complete trash 5 on 5 last year.  What is with fans and short term memory?  

If this team is going to compete, Petey needs better wingers.