The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | October (10-16) 2021

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

I’m sorry to say but this call is consistent with the last 10 years.  I’ve probably seen about 10 times over those 10 years worse kicking motions that were not overturned.  The NHL will only overturn it if it is a very blatant undeniable kicking motion.  Really I think they should just remove the kicking motion rule and let all goals off the skate count so it removes subjectivity and it won’t really change the game at all.

You risk serious injury from a skate blade though, so any kicking motion should be totally banned. I’d say anything off the skate. You don’t see headers in hockey either.

Skate blades are just too dangerous.

Just ask Clint Malarchuk (warning - it’s graphic):

9 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Glad hockey is back.

I didn’t realise as well how much I missed the ESPN theme. That was the sound of hockey when I grew up 

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/q6y6ni/the_return_of_the_iconic_espn_nhl_theme_song_nhl/

This theme is great, but I miss the NBC one already.  The NBC one always signified playoff hockey to me and gave me chills.  I feel like all hockey themes are incredible though.  ESPN, NBC, TSN, Sportsnet, they all have incredibly good opening themes.