The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Noah Juulsen | D

-AJ-

9 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Was listening to the end of the game and the post game on Sirius and its was the San Jose broadcast and they thought he played a great game - 6 hits and 4 blocked shots - not sure what more you ask from a 3rd line D man

You.  I watched OJ last night and Juulson is by far the bette4 player.  I seriously don’t get why the loser Panthers traded Juulson (and anothe4 Guy; who is a scrub) for OJ?  OJ can’t skate!  Juulson can both skate and b3 tough!  What n for us!  Back to Europe Loser OJ.  

Apart from 2 bad shifts I thought he played quite well. Was noticeable with his passing and laid a few good hits. Very underdone as a prospect be there is plenty of tools to work with. Hopefully the coaching team can build a full-time NHLer out of him.

Lord knows the team needs more quality defense.

Edited by canuckpuckluck1
typo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

A couple of media people (ill have to re-find them) said that Juulsen was a tire fire in Abby with spotty decision making etc.  So far hes been fairly solid other than the glaring goal against vs SJ.  

The SJ player came down on Juulson with speed and broke around him. It happens. I thought he had a pretty decent game.

• Upvote 2

Noah Juulsen is exactly what the team needs right now, a healthy and strong, talented and eager to learn, 6 foot 2, 201(+?) pound, right side D on a very low cost contract.

JR will hopefully be looking into locking this young man up asap because his deal is just for this season, and if he shows well (which I think he will, and is), he's gonna cost way more or be lost.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/17/2021 at 8:25 PM, Alflives said:

You.  I watched OJ last night and Juulson is by far the bette4 player.  I seriously don’t get why the loser Panthers traded Juulson (and anothe4 Guy; who is a scrub) for OJ?  OJ can’t skate!  Juulson can both skate and b3 tough!  What n for us!  Back to Europe Loser OJ.  

Really? 

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'm hoping Juulesen trains his hassloff and gets back to the big club. His competition is Schenn, Poolman, Burroughs, and Hamonic. 

But he has to work very hard to beat out the vets. 

I'm thinking his 'sent down' status has more to do with all the shuffling required, like taxi squad, waivers, cap relief changes, etc.

Plus, GM might keep him down right now to sign for less; JR is GM too for now, isn't he?

Edit: hassloff !! lol

Edited by Goal:thecup
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I'm thinking his 'sent down' status has more to do with all the shuffling required, like taxi squad, waivers, cap relief changes, etc.

Plus, GM might keep him down right now to sign for less; JR is GM too for now, isn't he?

Edit: hassloff !! lol

david hasselhoff GIF

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since December 5th, Juulsen has 5 points in 7 games and is +5 in that timespan. He's wearing the A in Abby.

That's after a start with 0 points in his first 16 games.

I haven't watched any Abby games since the New Year, so I donno if anyone has a better scouting report - but that stat line is promising. Hope he can continue. Maybe that taste of NHL action + pay was a motivating factor too.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Since December 5th, Juulsen has 5 points in 7 games and is +5 in that timespan. He's wearing the A in Abby.

That's after a start with 0 points in his first 16 games.

I haven't watched any Abby games since the New Year, so I donno if anyone has a better scouting report - but that stat line is promising. Hope he can continue. Maybe that taste of NHL action + pay was a motivating factor too.

He's had a taste and he likes it.

Noah will be back up before the end of the regular season and valuable into the playoffs.

Next year with the big club all year.

AHL TV games are often free now and even when you pay, prices are discounted.

You have to open an account, but there are no charges unless you want more than the free stuff offered.

I think CDCers are going to tune in more and more and form their own opinions about the farm.

I think Noah has passed Woo, and was drafted quite high (so the talent was there) before his bad luck hit.

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

He's had a taste and he likes it.

Noah will be back up before the end of the regular season and valuable into the playoffs.

Next year with the big club all year.

AHL TV games are often free now and even when you pay, prices are discounted.

You have to open an account, but there are no charges unless you want more than the free stuff offered.

I think CDCers are going to tune in more and more and form their own opinions about the farm.

I think Noah has passed Woo, and was drafted quite high (so the talent was there) before his bad luck hit.

I actually have a AHLTV sub but I haven't watched any games the past couple weeks

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

I actually have a AHLTV sub but I haven't watched any games the past couple weeks

That's great!

But now your assignment is to watch every game and file a full report on CDC every day, game day or not.

Seriously, thanks for your input on Noah; I am very high on this young man.

I believe he will repay our faith by becoming a good player at a needed position for ELC type money.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

That's great!

But now your assignment is to watch every game and file a full report on CDC every day, game day or not.

Seriously, thanks for your input on Noah; I am very high on this young man.

I believe he will repay our faith by becoming a good player at a needed position for ELC type money.

Hahaha. I wish I had the energy

I think he could be good for the Canucks - Schenn and Burroughs have both been absolutely solid in their roles (both on 2 year contracts), so it might be tough competition for him; along with Brady Keeper presumably coming back during next camp. Could see him being a bit of Biega/Baumgartner/Sautner type longer term non-waiver exempt depth for the Canucks.

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Hahaha. I wish I had the energy

I think he could be good for the Canucks - Schenn and Burroughs have both been absolutely solid in their roles (both on 2 year contracts), so it might be tough competition for him; along with Brady Keeper presumably coming back during next camp. Could see him being a bit of Biega/Baumgartner/Sautner type longer term non-waiver exempt depth for the Canucks.

I think he has just had a major setback and is now back on track just a few years behind where he would have been.

In other words, there is a lot of room for growth, and he could exceed those 7th D/13th F type comparisons in a couple more years.

While Biega was good, he was not quite good enough for full time work, whereas Juulsen will lock down 6D and (hopefully) move up the roster over the years.

JB landed another huge deal when he cut ties with Juolevi, getting Lammikko who is rounding into a good 3C/LW, and Noah who is solid imo.

Great user name btw; one of my all-time favorite players (and tough enough for such a high-scoring forward).

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I think he has just had a major setback and is now back on track just a few years behind where he would have been.

In other words, there is a lot of room for growth, and he could exceed those 7th D/13th F type comparisons in a couple more years.

While Biega was good, he was not quite good enough for full time work, whereas Juulsen will lock down 6D and (hopefully) move up the roster over the years.

JB landed another huge deal when he cut ties with Juolevi, getting Lammikko who is rounding into a good 3C/LW, and Noah who is solid imo.

Great user name btw; one of my all-time favorite players (and tough enough for such a high-scoring forward).

Yeah, I could see him playing as 6D thru his prime years if all goes well for a while.

Really like Lammikko's hustle; the fact that his faceoff win % has been so high lately bodes well (he went 10-1 against Washington? and was 50% against Nashville in a 3rd line role).

Yesss - Teemu is a legend

• Cheers 2