The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Noah Juulsen | D

-AJ-

2 hours ago, gurn said:

Getting tired of seeing a guy get jumped after a good hit.

Need to toss that guy out, and hopefully an additional 1 or 2 game suspension.

Keep hitting, in the game

Actually, I just checked and he did get a game misconduct.  Along with 5 for fighting and 2 for instigating. 

I also see that this game was televised on the NHL Network.  How come nobody told me?!:mad:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Noah Juulsen has four assists in his last four games.

And as just shown on Donnie and Dhali, a massive hit and fight last game. Between him and Burroughs, I really feel like we need to give these two guys big chances to develop and stick with us. They have shown so much potential. 

49 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Hopefully we extend him regardless of his status. Seems like a good bet for a depth NHL D.

Rick Dhaliwal said on his show that Canucks management are wanting to resign some of the players in Abbotsford and are in process of that.

Unsure if Juulsen is identified in that group but it is possible

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Rick Dhaliwal said on his show that Canucks management are wanting to resign some of the players in Abbotsford and are in process of that.

Unsure if Juulsen is identified in that group but it is possible

I think he gets another contract for sure. I see him on the 3rd pairing in Van next year. Especially if Schenn is moved.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I think he gets another contract for sure. I see him on the 3rd pairing in Van next year. Especially if Schenn is moved.

I have a feeling that he will be re-signed to a two way contract and his performance in next years preseason will dictate where he plays. They will probably also try to sign a few of the vets that have shown that they can be options for call ups when injuries hit the big club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I have a feeling that he will be re-signed to a two way contract and his performance in next years preseason will dictate where he plays. They will probably also try to sign a few of the vets that have shown that they can be options for call ups when injuries hit the big club.

I imagine he’ll test free agency. See if there’s any interest from a team willing to slot him in on the big club up front. 

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

I imagine he’ll test free agency. See if there’s any interest from a team willing to slot him in on the big club up front. 

Not so sure how much interest he would have in doing that as he is an Abby native and by all accounts; was thrilled to be traded back to BC.

5 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Not so sure how much interest he would have in doing that as he is an Abby native and by all accounts; was thrilled to be traded back to BC.

If it’s the difference between playing in the nhl and the minors I’d guess it would be a no brainer 

57 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

If it’s the difference between playing in the nhl and the minors I’d guess it would be a no brainer 

The Canuck's will have to up his NHL QO and also make a substantial upgrade to his minor league salary of 150K if they want to re-sign him and I think they would be willing to do that.

Edited by Kootenay Gold

I don't think that it is almost guaranteed. In fact; I am betting that they re-sign him. He is an RFA and yes; he does have arbitration rights but his overall performance has not stood out that much for it to be a factor IMO. If he is not packaged as part of a bigger deal at the trade deadline; he will get a QO.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I don't think that it is almost guaranteed. In fact; I am betting that they re-sign him. He is an RFA and yes; he does have arbitration rights but his overall performance has not stood out that much for it to be a factor IMO. If he is not packaged as part of a bigger deal at the trade deadline; he will get a QO.

See the tweet above. If he doesn’t play another 21 (out of Vancouvers remaining 22 games) he will become UFA this offseason. 

46 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

See the tweet above. If he doesn’t play another 21 (out of Vancouvers remaining 22 games) he will become UFA this offseason. 

NOAH JUULSEN #47

Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks

Right Defense
Cap Hit: $750,000
Daily Cap Hit: $3,750
Accumulated Daily Cap Hit Tooltip : $82,500
Remaining Daily Cap Hit Tooltip : $168,750
Estimated Career Earnings Tooltip : $2,541,446

BORN: Apr. 2, 1997
BIRTHPLACE: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
NATIONALITY: CanadaCanada
HEIGHT:
6'2"
188cm
WEIGHT:
193 lbs
88kg
SHOOTS:Right
ELC SIGNING AGE: 18
WAIVERS SIGNING AGE: 18
DRAFT YEAR: 2015
DRAFTED OVERALL: 26
DRAFT ROUND: 1
DRAFTED BY: Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMTL

SUMMARY

Noah Juulsen's salary is $750,000 and his cap hit is $750,000 for the 2021-22 season. He is a 24 year old right defense who was born on Apr. 2, 1997. He was drafted 26th overall by the Montreal Canadiens in the 1st round of the 2015 entry draft. He has signed 3 contracts worth a total value of $4,825,000. Over a career that spans 4 seasons (with at least 1 NHL GP), he has a total 10 Pts. in 55 GP. He will be a RFA at the end of the 2021-22 season when he is 25 years old.

7 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

NOAH JUULSEN #47

Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks

Right Defense
Cap Hit: $750,000
Daily Cap Hit: $3,750
Accumulated Daily Cap Hit Tooltip : $82,500
Remaining Daily Cap Hit Tooltip : $168,750
Estimated Career Earnings Tooltip : $2,541,446

BORN: Apr. 2, 1997
BIRTHPLACE: Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
NATIONALITY: CanadaCanada
HEIGHT:
6'2"
188cm
WEIGHT:
193 lbs
88kg
SHOOTS:Right
ELC SIGNING AGE: 18
WAIVERS SIGNING AGE: 18
DRAFT YEAR: 2015
DRAFTED OVERALL: 26
DRAFT ROUND: 1
DRAFTED BY: Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMTL

SUMMARY

Noah Juulsen's salary is $750,000 and his cap hit is $750,000 for the 2021-22 season. He is a 24 year old right defense who was born on Apr. 2, 1997. He was drafted 26th overall by the Montreal Canadiens in the 1st round of the 2015 entry draft. He has signed 3 contracts worth a total value of $4,825,000. Over a career that spans 4 seasons (with at least 1 NHL GP), he has a total 10 Pts. in 55 GP. He will be a RFA at the end of the 2021-22 season when he is 25 years old.

Except he hasn’t/won’t reach the games played threshold. Thus he becomes a group 6 UFA at the end of this season.

• Like 1