The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Noah Juulsen | D

-AJ-

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think with Burroughs being so solid , and a possible emergence with Juulsen ,  Hunt may find his role as mentor in Abby and embrace it.

Im wondering if Rathbone, may become a good trade piece before the season deadline?

1 too many skilled D guys??

7 hours ago, #Canucks said:

Bruce says he likes to play fast. That’s probably where Rathbone would come in. However I think Rathbone could be potentially a great trading piece for a top six winger. I think we’re definitely missing at least one Top six Winger. 

I'm hoping he's part of the package with one of Boeser/Miller to bring us back a legit, top pair RHD.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, KyGuy123 said:

I didn’t like his game. I wonder what Brady Keepers timeline is right now?

One game,  low minutes..   

what did you see that you didn’t like..

given what I saw,  more positives outweighing the negatives..

even if there were mistakes..

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Brad Hunt played a very good game against Carolina. ...

Hunt has tried his best to not be noticeable - which is generally what you want from a depth guy. The thing is, Juulsen was noticeable, and not all in bad ways. It's an improvement, even if it's a small sample size. Hopefully it works out.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, KyGuy123 said:

I didn’t like his game. I wonder what Brady Keepers timeline is right now?

I thought he was pretty good, considering it was his first game in front of hometown crowd. I mean, always room for improvement, and it would be better if we could start him out with an experienced partner, but just too many guys down right now.

5 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I thought he was pretty good, considering it was his first game in front of hometown crowd. I mean, always room for improvement, and it would be better if we could start him out with an experienced partner, but just too many guys down right now.

Yeah, he had a rough 1st period, but after that he settled into the game.  He's had a worse track record for injuries than Juolevi, so his development has been compromised.  If he can put together a season with no injuries, it would go a long way to get him back on track.  His scouting reports are very good.

If he can get himself back on target, he would be very useful with his big frame and being an RD.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Yeah, he had a rough 1st period, but after that he settled into the game.  He's had a worse track record for injuries than Juolevi, so his development has been compromised.  If he can put together a season with no injuries, it would go a long way to get him back on track.  His scouting reports are very good.

If he can get himself back on target, he would be very useful with his big frame and being an RD.

That's generally what I thought as well. Whole team had a rough first period, not just Juulsen, we had complete lack of engagement and looked asleep out there. Not sure what BB said to them in the intermission.

Been fond of Juulsen since he was picked by MTL. He looked really good for them, prior to a pretty gruesome injury. 

I thought he was good vs CBJ. Some poise and presence. Lets see what he can do, still a young guy.

Edited by Western Red

This kid is looking solid. He’s a big body, doesn’t look flustered, decent skater. Could become a regular NHLer under this miracle coaching staff!

… and 2 minutes after I post this he has a couple stinker shifts lol. Maybe there’s a reason he hasn’t made it in the bigs yet. 

Edited by Strawbone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, suitup said:

Not good tonight but want him to succeed even as a bottom-pairing guy. Definitely seems genuinely grateful to play for his hometown team too.

Next up: Connor Bedard B)

He is the new OJ - hoping he sticks cause Burroughs' has no shot.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

I thought Juulsen was OK. HE made some mistakes, but hopefullt that can be coached.  He did make some nice outlet passes. There is some potential with him for sure.  17 mis is far too much for him.  A sheltered 10-12 would probably be about right.

11 hours ago, suitup said:

Not good tonight but want him to succeed even as a bottom-pairing guy. Definitely seems genuinely grateful to play for his hometown team too.

Next up: Connor Bedard B)

Weird game for him. One minute, I'm watching him handle NHL players like a seasoned veteran, next, I'm watching him make a play that shouldn't even happen in Junior.

I think this kid has a lot of potential, he just needs to be out there for now, with an established veteran, playing a simple game.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

One minute, I'm watching him handle NHL players like a seasoned veteran, next, I'm watching him make a play that shouldn't even happen in Junior.

Pretty much the story of his career, which is why he hasn't been able to stick in the NHL.

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think this kid has a lot of potential, he just needs to be out there for now, with an established veteran, playing a simple game.

Don't think you'd be saying that if he wasn't drafted in the 1st round. It's the Sbisa Gudbranson effect all over again.

If you saw the same guy and he was undrafted or a late pick nobody would think anything of him.

If he eventually tones down the gaffes he could be serviceable 6/7 but I don't know if he has the tools to be anything more than that at the NHL level.

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

Pretty much the story of his career, which is why he hasn't been able to stick in the NHL.

Don't think you'd be saying that if he wasn't drafted in the 1st round. It's the Sbisa Gudbranson effect all over again.

If you saw the same guy and he was undrafted or a late pick nobody would think anything of him.

If he eventually tones down the gaffes he could be serviceable 6/7 but I don't know if he has the tools to be anything more than that at the NHL level.

Time will tell. Right now, due to injuries and patchwork, he's playing a bigger role than he really should be.

There's a LOT of fans, who like to criticize the core talent level of guys who have suffered through significant injuries. The core talent level is there with this guy, as reflected in his draft year analysis, which I posted a page or so back. He needs to work on simplifying his game and we'll see where his career goes, but I wouldn't write him off just yet. Some of the plays he was making last night shows a core talent.

Time will tell if a good coach can bring him back on track.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

If he tones down the gaffes he's top 4. Probably won't happen but I like his chances better than Juolevi's.

4 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

A couple of media people (ill have to re-find them) said that Juulsen was a tire fire in Abby with spotty decision making etc.  So far hes been fairly solid other than the glaring goal against vs SJ.  

Yeah, maybe he was trying to do too much there.  On the big club, he's been fairly solid except for two bad shifts last night that I'd like to have another look at to figure out what went wrong.  But when he's kept it simple, stuck to puck retrieval, making a quick first pass and playing the body, he's been fine. 

• Like 1