The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Noah Juulsen | D

-AJ-

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Between Woo and Juulsen I think we've got the bottom of our right side, largely taken care of post-Myers, in our contention window. Now for the top....

Victor Perrson , now playing for the Blazers may actually turn out to be better than both,. Perhaps 2 years away,.  Might be a surprise next camp.

Big Snarly , great skater, skillful. RHD

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Victor Perrson , now playing for the Blazers may actually turn out to be better than both,. Perhaps 2 years away,.  Might be a surprise next camp.

Big Snarly , great skater, skillful. RHD

Maybe. Big maybe.

13 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Noah Juulsen had a season-high three points (0-3-3) tonight for Abbotsford. Juulsen is now tied for the lead among Canucks defencemen in points with eight (2-6-8) this season.

I think if we just leave this kid alone down there for the rest of the season, just work on his confidence and systems, we might actually have a real nice surprise in camp in September.

This kid has talent. He just needs to get some time where he's not dealing with injuries and get into a rhythm.

• Cheers 3

Juulsen on his five-game point streak: “Scoring helps the team for sure, but for me my focus is always on my defensive game and the penalty kill. I’ve had the opportunity to play on the powerplay and have some offensive opportunity. For me, it’s all about keeping it simple and when you do that, good things tend to happen.”

On 1/23/2022 at 1:05 PM, VegasCanuck said:

I think if we just leave this kid alone down there for the rest of the season, just work on his confidence and systems, we might actually have a real nice surprise in camp in September.

This kid has talent. He just needs to get some time where he's not dealing with injuries and get into a rhythm.

Confidence means so much in making the nhl, I think young guys should be brought up when they are hot and brimming with confidence.

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Confidence means so much in making the nhl, I think young guys should be brought up when they are hot and brimming with confidence.

Yeah I've really liked Juulsen's play. 

Noah looks like a solid bottom pairing D man with size and upside, and on a league minimum contract... what's not to like? He's barely got any mileage. Before his bad injury years ago he was looking very promising and we're seeing glimpses of that now. Not to mention he's a hometown kid. I bet he sticks beyond this year and fills Hamonic's role... assuming we can rid ourselves of Hamonic who has honestly been terrible this year when he played

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

He's been good but he's been very sheltered and wisely-so by Bruce, not playing much more than 13-15 minutes a night but I've liked what I've seen so far. He's rarely making big defensive blunders which is all we need from him.

Is Poolman an upgrade over him? I'm not 100% sure he is.....

• Upvote 1

I am rooting for this young man.  Like Joulevi (who's injured again), his development has suffered mightily, due to injury.

As a matter of fact, Noah had only played in 46 games (AHL/NHL) since 2018.

Noah was a highly regarded 1st round pick, who was projected to have a solid NHL career.

"What we can discern from watching him is that he is a tremendous two-way defenseman who can crisply pass the puck, expertly position himself to increase the likelihood it ends up back on his stick, and physically punish the heck out of the unaware and indecisive. Juulsen may not be the thickest rearguard, nor should he be considered a swift skater. But what he most certainly provides is exceptional offensive awareness, specifically on creating time and space for a sound breakout, and finding the open man with consistent accuracy. All you really need to see is a shift or two, and Juulsen makes you an instant believer in both his reliability and importance while serving as Everett’s multi-situation top defenseman. Easily one of the draft’s premier players in terms of on-ice maturity, he’s also a leader who can be counted on to rally the troops vocally or by example. Juulsen was instrumental in shutting down Spokane’s powerful top line for most of Everett’s first-round win, and more of the same should be expected when he is handed similar responsibilities at higher levels."  https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/nhl-draft-2016/noah-juulsen/

At 24yrs there is still some time for development. Probably doubtful he will reach his projected level, but he may be able to become a solid bottom pairing (2-way) dman with a decent career.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1