The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 13, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

33 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

You mean the PP goal?  That pass to Draisaitl shouldn't happen.  I don't know why the Canucks can't stop it.  I don't blame Poolman at all for that one.  Everybody thought Draisaitl was gonna shoot including Demko.

League's best power play as well... 

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He shoots where Edler would pass,.  Instant upgrade :) 

Yes, and his passes are great too, in all zones, fast reads of the play and great passes to keep possession and positive movement.  Just really smart everywhere.  Like I say - smart reads, excellent execution.  Huge upgrade on... what's his name again?.... oh yeah, Edler.  From what I've seen so far, small sample size, but very noticeable. 

• Like 1

Was a good game. Take the one point and a lot of positives.

Myers was playoff Myers and I think he is a player the more ice time he gets the better he does.

with OEL as well steadying things.

I do think Myers will outperform his contract if he keeps that up 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Dickinson and Highmore were our best duo tonight.  They played really well with Hoggy and then with Lammikko.  Those two might become a mainstay on our 3rd/shutdown line.  Would be huge for the team if they keep their play up. 

Really liked Burroughs in his limited time.  Very impressed. 

As far as Myers on the first goal, I don't think that it was his fault at all...  take a look at this

Chiasson was not bad but he was definitely a weak link in that head-to-head 1st line match up. I think McDavid line had a slight edge over Petey's line 5-on-5 as a result.

When you are matching your first line against probably the most lethal duo in the NHL, you can't have a weak link.

3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Was a good game. Take the one point and a lot of positives.

Myers was playoff Myers and I think he is a player the more ice time he gets the better he does.

with OEL as well steadying things.

I do think Myers will outperform his contract if he keeps that up 

He's already lived up to his contract in my books so whatever else he does from this point on = outperformance :bigblush:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Okay no messing around for next game Green.  You had your fun.  Time to be a real coach and put some real lines together.  Here I will help you out cause I'm a nice guy:

Höglander   Pettersson   Boeser

Pearson      Horvat          Garland

Miller           Dickinson     Podkolzin

Highmore    Lammikko    Chiasson

Put the Swedes together for crying out loud.  Höglander is a stud.  He was our best player tonight. 

Get an actual shutdown line put together and help FREE PODZILLA.  

This is what needs to be done next game if Brock is back, no excuses.  

Your welcome...

Thanks but Chiasson on the 4th line?

If Boeser is back, Dowling stays and Boeser replaces Chiasson. Chiasson doesn't fit on the 4th line.

9 minutes ago, BarefootBob said:

Yes, and his passes are great too, in all zones, fast reads of the play and great passes to keep possession and positive movement.  Just really smart everywhere.  Like I say - smart reads, excellent execution.  Huge upgrade on... what's his name again?.... oh yeah, Edler.  From what I've seen so far, small sample size, but very noticeable. 

I agree,  the best has yet to come for all these guys..  kind of feel an energy slowly rising..John Travolta Dancing GIF by Hollywood Suite

• Cheers 3

13 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

He shoots where Hughes would pass or miss the net too if we are being honest.

OEL is so good on the PP because he can shoot quickly and accurately AND distribute the puck efficiently too. 

Yep. We won the trade.

We can finally close that 200 page thread on the OEL + Garland trade.

OEL is gonna thrive here.

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

You sure about that? It's near impossible to contain Mcdrai, And i think we did a great job 5v5. Green really isn't in anyone good books, I agree with that but badly out coached is a huge reach tonight. What did tippet do that tilted the ice in their favor as much as you think?

If its impossible then youve lost before you have even started. Thats not to say they arent the best 1-2 in the game but from what i watched they did pretty much what they wanted and other then Demko shutting the door no one really took any chances away from them. A 36-64 FO% doesn't really allude to carrying the play as 2/3 of the time you dont start with the puck. The PK/PP was pretty much the same as last year, D looked very shaky. Im not pinning this solely on Green, and the fact Baumer is and has always been way over his head (no clue why he was kept on) but it seemed the nucks were chasing the play when the oilers had the puck. Other than lucky goal to tie the game, which is what they needed as most shots were straight at Smith, the Oil did what they had to when they had the puck. 

That said its early in the season, and plenty of time to improve. 

Edited by Ronaldoescobar

Finally got the chance to see the game...

3 stars to Myers for his hit on Duncan Keith....

Fairly even game, and definitely an improvement over the preseason games. Great fight back by the boys...

Need a few more games to get the chemistry going, but in general Nucks were looking good. Hope they continue like this, as once EP and Miller have the rust out of the system, and when BB and Motte gets back, I fancy this team to go on a tear...

image.png.6274bb53aa86c8eb5a6ad9340b7531ec.png.c4aedd6ce54a8498127cb5e7c8bf582c.png

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Are we sure the lotto line is the best line to go back to?

Like others have said when Miller is on he’s great. He’s his own worst enemy sometimes with his fiery temper though.

Once he lets his frustrations show it seems like it’s game over for him. He just shuts down and pouts all game.

I would give Hoglander a shot on that line with Boeser back and move Miller back to center. Not sold on Dickinson anchoring the third line.

Hoglander Pettersson Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland

Podkolzin Miller Chiasson

Highmore Dickinson Lammikko 

I thought Dickinson was solid. What was not to like?

I like Miller on wing. He simplifies his game as a winger and gets far less frustrated because he f*cks up less as a result.

Although he thinks that he plays better as he gets more touches, I actually don't think he does. I liked Miller in the first season because his game was crisp. He made the right plays, whether it was drive the puck to the net, protect it until the cavalry arrived, or whatever it was, there were no unnecessary movements, just simple and decisive.

As a center, he's all of a sudden having far too many options and quite often, makes the wrong play, leading to frustration.

If we are taking Miller away from EP and Boeser, then I'd try Miller-Dickinson on a line together with Dickinson as center. 

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, khay said:

Thanks but Chiasson on the 4th line?

If Boeser is back, Dowling stays and Boeser replaces Chiasson. Chiasson doesn't fit on the 4th line.

Chiasson could have had 3 goals tonight.  He still is a threat on the PP.  You want that in your lineup.  At the end of the day when Motte comes back I'd take him out too.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Chiasson could have had 3 goals tonight.  He still is a threat on the PP.  You want that in your lineup.  At the end of the day when Motte comes back I'd take him out too.

key is could...

And he missed that glorious set up from you! With the goalie moving east-west, that shot didn't have to be hard, just accurate. You should be mad at him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1