The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 16, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Well lets be honest here - doesn't matter what the score sheet says at the end of the day - we absolutely crushed them in that game. Almost complete dominance. Skating rings around them in the O-Zone, specially in the 3rd. Hot backup goalie - we know it always happens a handful of times a year -  the PP needs to be a lot better, is the only reasonable negative.  Halak got better as he went but i think a fresh demko probably wins the game too. 

Red Wings were terrible - 5G Covid Bertuzzi running round like an idiot, tin foil in his helmet musta been too tight, what a complete tool.   Nice to see OEL and Garland being abrasive in the face of terrible officiating. 

Officiating absolutely disgrace again - That Garland Pen : 

1.  Doesn't get called if Detroit aren't the home team with all the tubby idiots jumping around screaming there. 

2.  Garland probably doesn't brace as extremely if the refs had actually called the text book boarding incident < 5 mins earlier that see's him plastered into the boards by one of their bush league D. Just all round gong show. 

I also find it increasingly annoying and distasteful as a fan how the NHL sensor the players and coaches from saying anything bad about the way a game is called.  That + the obvious game management that we see every day and got called out last season. . . Not in the best interest of the game !! 

Depth scoring probably gets a bit better when BB is back - 3rd line with Hogz/Podz  will be looking like a handful. Only wish we had a more dynamic 3rd line center... if only Gaudette had lived up to expectations.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Slegr said:

People blaming refs in all of our games. It’s not the reffing. Sometimes you don’t get the breaks. The team played very well for a second consecutive night. It’s frustrating when we try that hard and have nothing to show for it. But whatever. It was a close game, and exciting to watch. We move on.

I don’t think the reffing lost us the game. Griess lost us the game imo. Regardless the call on Garland was BS

37 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

You would think that a new coach running the PP would change it up and invent new plays so he doesn’t suffer the same fate as Newell Brown 

I dunno, if this continues sooner or later it's gonna be on Green

40 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Yup just like we ran into a soft goaltender yesterday. Comes around goes around. 

P much

2 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Come on dude lol it’s a sport for entertainment sure but fans are passionate all over the world, and passion comes in frustration,anger, and happiness. People are allowed to be frustrated with the team they love. 

Our fans are probably some of the more mild compared to certain teams around the league.

If people are going to dish hate on the franchise, They can take a little heat back. They are all people too you know. Why do you think price is taking a leave? 

Being passionate is one thing, But screaming everyone is amazing one game when you win, And beating them down when they lose to fulfill your own personal agenda? This city has done this since the dawn of any sport, The negative " passion " bleeds onto the team, And they go down with it. What certain people do here is not even close to valid constructive criticism though

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t think the reffing lost us the game. Griess lost us the game imo. Regardless the call on Garland was BS

I feel like the GI call was too.

I've seen SO much bumping of goaltenders that THAT was called?  Nope.

And the.baby Nux down 1 - 0 at the end of the 1st.  Some old familiar names playing for the Oilers farm team. .... Cracknell and Schaller!! No away commentary, so having to listen to the Condors home announcer  - grating every time he says "Di Pee-eightra"  No Canuck has really stood out so far except Mikey - getting  badly outshot

12 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Buddy you don’t have to attack people because they complain. Attacking my lifestyle is pretty low but whatever you need to make yourself feel good, go ahead but I am done responding to someone like yourself. 

The irony is real. Hockey players and personal are people too. What you are doing is attacking them. Cheers enjoy the ignore list of many

Just now, -DLC- said:

I feel like the GI call was too.

I've seen SO much bumping of goaltenders that THAT was called?  Nope.

It was interference imo but the inconsistency is the issue. You are right sometimes it’s called sometimes it isn’t 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

If you said we’d be 1-1-1 on the road to start with 2 home openers. I’d take it no question 

I like our play, however looking at the strength of teams on our road trip coming home with any fewer than 4 wins is a disappointment.  We should not be settling for .500 hockey because that does not make the playoffs.

This is nothing against our guys they’ve fully deserved to be 2-1 at this point, but to be happy with 1-1-1 is not good enough for heads not to roll at the end of the season.  Imagine if we miss the playoffs by 1 point at the seasons end.  The refs literally cost us playoffs.  Although I expect this team to easily make the playoffs this year with what they have shown so far.  However 1 win 2 losses will not get us there so we can’t be satisfied with that.

• Cheers 1