The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres | Oct. 19th, 2021 | SNP, 4:00PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Our forward group looks ridiculously with Boeser in the line-up. One of the best in the league imo even if a bit top heavy 

Add Quinn Hughes, OEL and some stellar goaltending from Demko, and it looks like they could be one of the top teams once they get going.   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, khay said:

Edler didn't ignore Brock, he was just worried about getting the pass picked off. He just couldn't pass well with his backhand to set up Brock without the PKer reading his intention (by then, PKer would look to pick off the pass or block Brock's shooting lane).

OEL can dish both ways equally well so I'm not worried.

QH on the 2nd PP will strengthen it so much more.

I would move Miller to 2nd PP and make two equally strong PPs.

#1 PP: EP, Boeser, Horvat, Chiasson, OEL.

#2 PP: Miller, Garland, Hoglander, Pearson, Hughes.

Chiasson and Pearson as net front presence.

OEL QBs #1 PP with two shooter formation (umbrella) but sometimes Brock drops down to set up Horvat in the slot.

The 2nd PP can run like it does now with Miller on the half wall but on the other side, Garland where Brock is now and QH doing more to gain the zone rather than using the drop pass. In fact, Garland and Hoglander can all take the puck across the blue line themselves. That PP should have easier time setting up and score fast before the PK has time to set up.

We will have to see the practice lines for today I think as it is not clear at this point whether Dowling or Chiasson slots into the line-up tonight.  I assume that Dowling might be the option on the 3rd or 4th line now that Boeser is available for the PP.

54 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Hopefully a statement game from the Canucks. It’d be nice for them to come out in the first period and get ahead early, control the play, and not let off once they get a lead. Buffalo is a bad, bad team so go out there, step on their throats, and don’t let off. 

the Sabres are 2-0 to start

21 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm off at 4:30 pm and commuting so I guess it's the Radio for me. I'll be lucky to catch the 3rd period.

Guess that's going to happen this season. 

I have a class at 4:30, but I think our instructor is a fan, so maybe I can get away with checking the score now and then.

• Cheers 1

Miller Petey Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland

Podkolzin Dickinson Hoglander 

___ ___ Chiasson

PP1

Horvat Petey Boeser Chiasson Hughes

PP2:

Miller OEL Hoglander Garland Pearson/ Podkolzin/ Rathone

---

Or do we split the Lotto line come period 2 if it aint working

Hoglander Petey Boeser

Pearson Horvat Garland

Chiasson Miller Podkolzin

34 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

So what about their attendance before covid? You know when they averaged 13000 a game?

Go on to the HFsens, there is an entire thread created by their own fans that talks about the very issue. You know what 99% of them say? They have been boycotting since 2017.

So go ahead blame covid,  get all uppity and internet tough on me bottom line they had around 9000 at their home opener, the Leafs in the same province had a packed house.

BTW I'm sure there are some great fans there, but this is the same city that lost a CFL franchise what twice? It's easy to support a winning team but they haven't shown up when they suck yet all the issues of arena location, sh#t owner traffic, etc still exists win or lose. 

Anyways sorry to derail the thread guys.

Was simply showing yote fans love for supporting a garbage team better then fans of  an up and coming club in the capital of Canada.

Man garbage.   Good one.   Did you know that Ottawa has less then or around 1 million people?  Not exactly a great base.   But they made/make it work.   They've been working on a rail system forever to allow easier access from the downtown core.   Now that it is close, the owners are happy to keep it in Kanata, not far away from the existing arena.   And as far as arenas go, it's a great one.   Has an intimate feel, like the old Pacific one, all the seats give great site lines.   Their team is nothing like ARI or Florida's or even CAR.   From 2006-2016 they average over the max attendance, and unlike Vancouver and TO, it's not a bunch of rich people watching their cell phones.    Sure they haven't had max attendance since ... but they are far from the low water mark compared to other teams as well.   And yes, some fans are not happy with their ownership, but the ones that keep going are pretty hard core.   Like i said, things are haven't been very good here, a lot of people got very sick and every single person i know - knows someone who died.   Expecting fans to run back in droves given the type of lock downs etc we've had isn't very realistic.   Once the season gets going, and fans feel safe, i'm sure it will be back to packed.   Like it used to be when i first moved here every game. 

Edited by IBatch

20 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So Eichel was the problem all along? 

If Buffalo phones your cellular device and offer to retain on eichel contract straight up for Miller do you you press 1 to accept or 2 to decline 

Edited by Filthy McNasty
  • Haha 1

It's really good to see Brock back playing tonight.  He'll be playing against his old University of North Dakota line-mate and buddy Drake Caggiula tonight on the Sabres. Drake was MVP at the Frozen Four tournament in their final year at UND. But Drake hasn't really done much at Chicago, Arizona, and Buffalo since his first couple of years in Edmonton.  Maybe injuries including concussion problems have hamstringed his development as a couple of seasons were shortened. 

35 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Add Quinn Hughes, OEL and some stellar goaltending from Demko, and it looks like they could be one of the top teams once they get going.   

Exactly why i put $$ down on them to win it all this year  (don't tell the hockey gods)

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Thanks Bud...

Kinda sad to see Boner go down.... he's still developing in the NHL though...

2 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

But sending Boner down also means we'll be stuck with Hunt as the fulltime 3rd LHD with no immediate backup??? WTF..............

Guess I was wrong.

I didn't think the Canucks could reactivate Boes without sending someone down, and I thought that meant that player must clear waivers which takes 24hrs unless they are waiver exempt. But I see we sent down Petan and reactivated Boes.

with as many minutes as hughes gets, it's bizarre to think that the canucks actually have enough depth at that position to absorb the loss without much worry. oel and rathbone can step up and hunt can fill in for rathbone on 3rd pairing.