The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Blackhawks - Oct 21st, 2021, 5:30pm PST

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, khay said:

Players play through injuries in the playoffs. Hughes should just play through it by logging 30+ minutes given the importance of each playoff game.

It's been a long time since we played a playoff series against the Wings. Hughes playing 30 minutes against them definitely helped us to dominate Detroit on the shot counts.

Or wait, Hughes played 30 minutes in the 3rd game of the regular season that didn't go to overtime against an opponent that's not even in our conference anymore???

Seriously, someone needs to remind the coaching staff that we are not in the playoffs yet. I know they are fantasizing about it everyday but they need to let off a bit. No player should log more than 22-24 minutes this early in the season.

For what its worth Nurse is over 29min a game average, And they are 3-0

• Thanks 1

It's early in the season to call this a must win game.. but I think this is a must win game.. with Seattle on the platter next for their opening night in their first ever home game in the NHL. Chances are they'll come out pumped and firing. Good chance we will lose that game and our record against expansion team aint exactly great. I dont think we can afford to start the season 1-4-1 and expect to easily make up ground later in the season. The 3 California team are playing surprisingly well and it would not be a surprise if one of them beats the odd and edge out the canucks for the playoff spot if we lose the next 2 games.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm OK with Chiasson drawing back in but Dowling has looked like an AHLer. 

Podz-Miller-Chiasson should be a line.

Dowling has no business being in the line up unless it's replacing another 4th liner like Highmore.

Green has to trust Podz a little more. Don't bench him in the 3rd as if though we are in the stretch drive and every point matters. Podz might make a mistake here and there but he is a smart guy and he will figure things out and get better every game. 

When the preseason started, I thought, oh well Podz will start in the AHL. By the end of the preseason, I was convinced that he will be a top 9 player this season and eventually a top 6 during the season.

And now the season starts and all of a sudden, Green deploys personnel as if though we are in the middle of March and the rookie sits the entire 3rd period.

And same thing for Rathbone and to some extent, Burroughs. You picked Rathbone over Juolevi then trust him, trust yourself and put him out there. Don't give Hughes 30 minutes on a game against a team from the Eastern conference. Gosh.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, khay said:

Dowling has no business being in the line up unless it's replacing another 4th liner like Highmore.

Green has to trust Podz a little more. Don't bench him in the 3rd as if though we are in the stretch drive and every point matters. Podz might make a mistake here and there but he is a smart guy and he will figure things out and get better every game. 

When the preseason started, I thought, oh well Podz will start in the AHL. By the end of the preseason, I was convinced that he will be a top 9 player this season and eventually a top 6 during the season.

And now the season starts and all of a sudden, Green deploys personnel as if though we are in the middle of March and the rookie sits the entire 3rd period.

And same thing for Rathbone and to some extent, Burroughs. You picked Rathbone over Juolevi then trust him, trust yourself and put him out there. Don't give Hughes 30 minutes on a game against a team from the Eastern conference. Gosh.

Green has a worse winning percentage than willie d, yet has coached twice as many games, he needs to go

Edited by KelownaCanucksFan
  • Vintage 1

Just now, khay said:

I don’t understand why Green doesn’t play Pods on the PK.  He’s big, smart, tough, skates well, and will block shots.  Why keep Highmore and Dowling in the lineup to PK when Pods can do that, and he’s clearly better 5 on 5? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I feel like Benning will go all in on trades and extra help if he feels like we will miss playoffs. 

Won't solve the problem because the problem is likely the coach.

I'm not even sure if getting McDavid will help the Canucks at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t understand why Green doesn’t play Pods on the PK.  He’s big, smart, tough, skates well, and will block shots.  Why keep Highmore and Dowling in the lineup to PK when Pods can do that, and he’s clearly better 5 on 5? 

From what I’ve seen of Podz so far he’s been pretty good,have seen him get bumped off the puck a few times pretty easy but he’s learning and doing well imo