The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Blackhawks - Oct 21st, 2021, 5:30pm PST

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

While this is true 2 games ago we were first overall. The last two games were pretty ugly but it's only four games into the season. Not all is lost. Really hoping for a good game tonight though.

For sure, I'm still holding my breath for a turnaround. If we win the next three straight games, all is well and looking up. It's amazing how quickly things can turn around. It's if this drags on that I'll be a bit more down on things.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

For the record: I think that Green is a good coach and I'm behind him 100%... 

however...  

One issue this season has really stood out to me: has anyone else noticed how much more aggressive Garland and OEL look? Is it the Tocchet effect or the Green effect? 

it's the "holy $&!# I can't believe we're not stuck in that dumpster fire anymore!" effect. 

49 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Benn as a 7th guy would have been great. Was overpaid a bit here but as a fill in that’s the kind of guy you need.

Not sure how much he's making now... but $1.5M would be reasonable as he covers both sides effectively and plays bigger than his size!!

Just now, Goalie Interference said:

Hmm . . . I'd say it's more about being competitive in the 3rd--that's when the wheels fell off last game. 

Maybe we could aim for competitive start to finish, just to be safe. 

It’s more about having players who want to play their role not skate around doing nothing thinking they are a skill player when they aren’t like Highmore.

Just now, Goalie Interference said:

Hmm . . . I'd say it's more about being competitive in the 3rd--that's when the wheels fell off last game. 

Maybe we could aim for competitive start to finish, just to be safe.

This is my issue if the message was that they just need to work harder.

It went a lot deeper than just working hard. Players need to play smarter and execute. The whole team looked disconnected last game.