The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Michael Amadio

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He's a right-handed centreman, something the Canucks are missing at the moment.

IMHO, the Canucks should claim Amadio and send Petan down.  With Highmore and Dowling out and Motte still out also (who knows whether Sutter will get healthy at all this season), I can't see any harm in claiming him.  He played reasonably well with the Senators down the stretch last year (when they were actually winning some games).  Worst case scenario is they lose Amadio on waivers if they have to waive him once they start getting healthy again.

Edited by EternalCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

IMHO, the Canucks should claim Amadio and send Petan down.  With Highmore and Dowling out and Motte still out also (who knows whether Sutter will get healthy at all this season), I can't see any harm in claiming him.  He played reasonably well with the Senators down the stretch last year (when they were actually winning some games).  Worst case scenario is they lose Amadio on waivers if they have to waive him once they start getting healthy again.

There's no way he can be worse than Petan.

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

There's no way he can be worse than Petan.

I have no dislike for Petan but yes, I think Amadio can provide at least as much of what the Canucks need as Petan, and possibly better.  Petan is a smart player and productive at the AHL level but has already not been able to translate that into consistent success in the NHL.

There are many players like Amadio around the league so, with all due respect to him, I don't think there's anything particularly unique about him that makes him better.  He's a fairly big RH forward who has decent skating, can play C, and has been able to score in the past.  What I think he might be able to provide is more hunger and urgency in the line-up which hopefully helps to energize the rest of the line-up.

Bailey's been decent in the minutes he has received.  I wouldn't mind seeing something like Lammikko-Amadio-Bailey on the 4th line.  They might provide a good amount of energy while playing a simple, low risk game to try and generate momentum for the team.  It would help if the rest of the team could take advantage of that on a consistent basis, or bring their own momentum so that the 4th line can build on it and help keep it going.

• Cheers 1

He’s got decent faceoff numbers. And was pretty good last year for Ottawa. But that was an outlier - overall he’s been nothing special over multiple years.

But with Dickenson and Dowling both out, and now Highmore potentially too, I think Canucks may claim him just to fill a hole for the short term.

Edited by D-Money

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Vegas up to something, signing Hutton, Whitecloud and now this. I can only imagine they're going to trade a center and defenceman and picks for Eichel...

They might be... But think they're just plugging holes. Vegas doesn't have a very deep system, so when injuries hit they may need to look outside the organization to find depth.

Martinez was hurt, and then Whitecloud is, so they realized they needed more depth on D - enter Hutton. And Nolan Patrick is hurt yet again (surprise!), so Amadio is probably just filling his spot.