The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 02, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

He should be on the PP. And I see no reason why he could not be brought along into a pk role either.

I believe he will eventually be on both special teams.  The coaching staff is slowly easing him into the league.  Too slow for most of our liking though.

Seriously, let's be real. Our powerplay has been garbage and our PK is leaky. We went &^@#ing 0/6, Podz couldn't have done any worse than the other guys did out there tonight on the powerplay or PK. 

#FreePodz 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 3
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Seriously, let's be real. Our powerplay has been garbage and our PK is leaky. We went &^@#ing 0/6, Podz couldn't have done any worse than the other guys did out there tonight on the powerplay. 

#FreePodz 

Chiasson is Greens' pet project and I hope he sticks with this decision cause it will only lead to his demise.  The on ice product is stale and boring for the most part.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, YearoftheNuck said:

Absolutely! The kid had a beast of a game (1 goal, 3 shots, 6 hits) and only got 7 mins of ice time. Man Green drives me nuts sometimes. 

#FreePodz

He's gonna be a fantastic player for us as he continues to grow his game, I can't &^@#ing wait 

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I believe he will eventually be on both special teams.  The coaching staff is slowly easing him into the league.  Too slow for most of our liking though.

I think it’s more just an excuse to play plugs over young players. It’s always been his thing. 

Probably because he knows he was a lazy self entitled young player himself who had to be broken by Arbour.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The problem isn’t so much that they don’t have a threat there. It’s that they have completely abandoned even pretending it might be an option or a threat. If you watch how teams PK against us, it’s absolute bush league coaching that could allow an opposing PK unit the opportunity to cheat that much to limit one option and effectively shut down the whole pp.

A few years back, one timers and snipes were threats from both sides. That’s a huge difference now.

They need both sides and a potential shot from the point to be considered options by the pk. And they need to move around to pull guys out of the box.

I always felt like whenever the PPQB has a good shot, the PP becomes a lot harder to defend.

Henrik, as great as he was, didn't have a lethal shot. That made PKers jobs a bit easier once the Sedins started to slow and their play became more predictable, especially after Salo left. Our PP during the peak years of Sedin years because whenever Henrik wanted to shoot the puck, he could just defer to Salo and Salo would just clap it. Usually it led to a rebound or puck hitting a body and injuring somebody or missing the net and going all the way down the ice. Either way, QB having an option to take a lethal shot with relative ease makes the PP hard to defend as PKer really has to respect the shot there.

With EP, we have a guy who can handle the puck, has the vision to pass the puck, and most importantly, rip the puck be it a wrister or a slapper.  And with OEL, we have a guy who can always get the shot on net.

I still don't get why we have Miller QB the PP. Sure he scored two goals tonight and he played well but that PP needs to be fixed. Miller has a decent shot but because he is left hand shot playing on the left side on PP, it's really easy to cut off good shooting angle without having any PKer over commit to him. So all he can do is that dumb behind the back no look pass to Hughes. It's the same $hit over and over again since last season.

I would load up #1PP with shooters.

Boeser-Horvat-net presence (I would experiment with Podkolzin here but we all know Green is playing Chiasson here)

OEL/Hughes-EP

Hughes is better for gaining the zone but OEL is better at getting the shot on net. With OEL QBing the PP, the PK has to respect his ability to get a shot on net, which will open up Brock or EP. 

Miller can do whatever he wants on 2nd PP, he will still have either Hughes or OEL as well as Garland, Hoglander, and Pearson to work the 2nd PP with.

22 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Miller on the left side makes the PP less dangerous, it's not a great shooting angle so teams know he's going to either go bumper to Horvat or send it back to Hughes/Petey for a shot.

Need a RHer on that side. I'd be tempted to put both Brock & Garland on the 1st unit, then move Miller & Chiasson to the 2nd.

Absolutely Boeser should be in Miller’s spot.

Miller only has two plays when he has the puck like you said and both of them are easily defended.

We need more shooting options (Boeser) and guys that move their feet and can make moves (Garland).

Its amazing they’ve tried this stand still pass around the perimeter nonsense for so long.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

people don't like when you make sense around here. much easier to just pile on a player or coach or two.

it's so much easier to just be negative, then actually think of the reasoning why our systems are not working.

but i will try to help.

miller is being over played because we have to play him due to shortage of centers. he is fatigued because of this and is making mistakes.

EP40 is missing alot of shots, maybe he is not 100% due to his injury or rust or both. this would explain him trying to force plays because he knows his shot is off

boeser, he is not 100% and i think its effecting his confidence.

dickinson: he would look alot better if sutter and motte were healthy. 

i wont mention other players names becuase i dont want to add fuel to the fire.

for the pk: we are in trouble but its not the coaches fault, everyone knew we would struggle on the PK and throw on top the injuries to hamonic, sutter, motte and dickinson.

PP: im not overly worried, yes the pp stinks but we are adapting slowly, I have seen alot of innovative things coming from hunt. as soon as boeser and petey get thier mojo back watch out.

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

people don't like when you make sense around here. much easier to just pile on a player or coach or two.

it's so much easier to just be negative, then actually think of the reasoning why our systems are not working.

but i will try to help.

miller is being over played because we have to play him due to shortage of centers. he is fatigued because of this and is making mistakes.

EP40 is missing alot of shots, maybe he is not 100% due to his injury or rust or both. this would explain him trying to force plays because he knows his shot is off

boeser, he is not 100% and i think its effecting his confidence.

dickinson: he would look alot better if sutter and motte were healthy. 

i wont mention other players names becuase i dont want to add fuel to the fire.

for the pk: we are in trouble but its not the coaches fault, everyone knew we would struggle on the PK and throw on top the injuries to hamonic, sutter, motte and dickinson.

PP: im not overly worried, yes the pp stinks but we are adapting slowly, I have seen alot of innovative things coming from hunt. as soon as boeser and petey get thier mojo back watch out.

Yeah your right.. first the CDC is quick to throw someone under the bus and then bandwagon equally as fast.. you get used to the bullshi_ .... 

Just have to read past it and laugh, haters can hate, stupid way to live but whatever.. ;) Media just loves it, nothing sells faster than dirty laundry and some are just that stupid to "click" the click bait and believe the media cool-aid.. again, nothing new... 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

The no more automatic whistle when goalie loses equipment is the dumbest rule ever.. like the ref can't make a discretionary call and blow the whistle if they deem it wasn't intentional? So what if demko gets a slap shot and his reflex throws his hand where the puck is and shatters/breaks it? Or his hand is on the ice and someone accidentally skates over it? Do they sue the league if he's injured? It was amazing he made the saves but it was super sketchy 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2