The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators | Nov 5, 2021 7 PM PDT | Special Teams Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

I didnt say he sang it poorly or has a bad voice. I just find that So-Cal/ Vegas type showboating of the anthems has become more trendy in VanCity, recently too. It is a trend that any hockey player on the ice or patriot who actually wants to sing-a-long finds annoying. If one wishes to be hockey/cultured, it’s incumbent to understand that.

I would hope arena/media relations people would generally express these concerns to the artists involved when the invitations to sing/perform are delivered, but,…perhaps they are not. 

No,we agree, and if the Canucks hadn't chosen to celebrate Diwali tonight you'd be right on the money.  My pet peeve is making it a country song - I find George Canyon's version incredibly disrespectful to Canada.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, IBatch said:

He's a great passer and excellent at gaining the zone ... problem is it's too predictable and teams have tape on it.   Guys stand too still which has been mentioned...  It's like they'd rather not lose possession by risking a shot lol.   And the shots they make are telegraphed or already anticipated.     Need a new look... OEL/Garland is a new look.   It just needs to be unpredictable...the skill level is there for sure. 

Hey. Did you notice the pp looked like a dumpster fire until 43 was on? 

• Huggy Bear 1

13 hours ago, IBatch said:

He's a great passer and excellent at gaining the zone ... problem is it's too predictable and teams have tape on it.   Guys stand too still which has been mentioned...  It's like they'd rather not lose possession by risking a shot lol.   And the shots they make are telegraphed or already anticipated.     Need a new look... OEL/Garland is a new look.   It just needs to be unpredictable...the skill level is there for sure. 

I think the move to make is taking green off the bench. He needs a birds eye view..maybe we can fire him to the sun.

• Haha 2