The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Maybe the Sedins need to take over coaching the PP.   Seriously though half the goals scored on the PP in the league come from getting shots through with traffic and crashing the crease for rebounds.  If #40 wants to score he's going to half to get his nose dirty.

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

We’re currently sitting 28th overall in league standings. 

- we have the 24th ranked PP

- we have the 27th ranked PK

where are we realistically?  Are we truly in the bottom 5 of the league... or will it get better? 

I guess management is finally tanking.

20 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, man. GM has been here 8 years. It's time to get a new voice. This isn't working.

I don’t believe the problem is inherently with Benning. He’s made good moves that I supported, namely Garland and OEL. Also the contracts around Hughes and Petey were decent. 

The issue is coaching. That falls on Benning for sure. I hope he realizes that this team no longer has confidence in the coaching staff and Benning makes cuts early, like now, to bring in people who are able to extract/lead the undeniable talent the team has, to save the season. 

The way things are going, the team isn’t going to make the playoffs. 

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And two better options were lost to waivers because Green wanted to play AHL trash instead.

And he risked our best 4th liner (other than Motte but even that's debatable with how good he's playing) to waivers at the start of the season lol. 

2 minutes ago, khay said:

lol

Without the chase, the other team doesn't have to clear.

If you really want to simplify things, just get the puck skate it to our zone and wait until the powerplay ends. Give yourself and the other team much needed 2 minute break in the middle of the game.

Fans would appreciate it, as we need bathroom break in the middle of the game.

This team already can’t win a face off in the offensive zone let alone retrieve the puck after dumping it in lol

Just now, HOFsedins said:

Am I the only one getting worried about Petey? 11 games in and he hasnt taken over 1 game. Superstars just dont have slumps this long. 

Yeah, I'm worried about Petey. 

His on ice presence reminds me a lot of last year. 

He's either injured, behind physically (missed training camp, pre-season, etc), or it's a combination of the two. I'm not sure what else it could be. Does he want to be a Canuck? Does he want to be here in Van? 

6 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

How the &^@# a head coach gonna play it off like it's on someone else? Lmao what a twat. 

"They weren't very good"

Yeah, this is the guy to coach this team. A guy that can't even bring himself to say "We" when the PP fails. &^@# this clown.

• Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 3

2 minutes ago, khay said:

I just want Chiasson off the regular lineup.

He brings absolutely nothing.

I find it hard to believe that we can't find better 4th line winger than Chiasson.

Even worse, we can't find a better 2nd line winger than Pearson?! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, khay said:

I just want Chiasson off the regular lineup.

He brings absolutely nothing.

I find it hard to believe that we can't find better 4th line winger than Chiasson.

I want him, Hunt, and Petan in the AHL where they should have been all along.  I don't care if we have to play a skater short, all of those plugs are absolutely useless and Green should have been fired on the spot for even suggesting allowing any of them to play a single game for us.

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

It felt like we lost every important face off.

Yeah, Horvat's entire game is off.  I was saying this even in the game where he potted two goals.  He's been fighting the puck and nothing is coming easy for him at the moment.  

Dickinson hasn't looked that good lately after starting the season very well, not that he was ever good on faceoffs.  Green kept changing his linemates until he found multiple combinations that don't work well together.